Cricut Cake Bundle - Good Deal?

Decorating By Redness82 Updated 21 Mar 2011 , 1:10am by Loucinda

Redness82 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Redness82 Posted 20 Mar 2011 , 4:33pm
post #1 of 10

Hello folks!

I am a newbie here, and was looking through some things about the Cricut Cake machines. I found this website and it has a Cricut Cake Bundle.

http://www.4cricutcake.com/cricut-cake.html

Can anyone tell me if this is a good deal? Thanks!!

P.S. You all are so inspiring!

9 replies
Marla84 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Marla84 Posted 20 Mar 2011 , 4:48pm
post #2 of 10

I think you can find a better deal. I heard HSN had the Martha Stewart version (same machine, different color) on clearance and you can find them on sale on other websites frequently. Additional cartridges are pretty cheap if you shop around too. Check e-bay, craigslist and even the special offers section of the cricut website. $200 for the machine and one cartridge is about average. If you're looking for a good deal, find something under that price. Also, the mini is frequently on sale for $99 if you don't need the large machine.

cake_architect Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cake_architect Posted 20 Mar 2011 , 4:51pm
post #3 of 10

that looks like a great deal to me! when my bf bought me my cricut it was $399 and came with just the machine- so i think this is a steal with all the extras! (of course that price was bc i got it the month it came out, but thats my fault for being impatient lol). i've never tried the frosting sheets but the get pretty bad reviews, so be sure you have some fondant or gumpaste to practice with when your machine arrives (again from experience, i had to wait a night for my gumpaste to cure after the machine arrived!)

you'll get mixed reviews about the machine from this site- personally I LOVE MY CRICUT CAKE! it does take a little while to get the hang of it, but once you do its amazing! look into purchasing Sure Cuts A Lot 2, its software that allows you to cut any image you find online without having to purchase extra cartridges. from what i hear there's a lawsuit against them, so get it while you can (before its taken of the market!). i have SCAL2 and it makes my machine soooooooo useful!

hth! icon_biggrin.gif

cake_architect Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cake_architect Posted 20 Mar 2011 , 4:58pm
post #4 of 10

the cheapest i see it is $250 on amazon

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B003EO9RTE/?tag=cakecentral-20

Marla84 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Marla84 Posted 20 Mar 2011 , 5:32pm
post #5 of 10

$199 on HSN. The extras you get with the bundle are not worth the extra $130 (with shipping) since you can buy cartridges on ebay for $20. I love my cricut cake too, but still feel like I overpaid and I got mine on clearance for $150. Shop around and wait for a good deal!

kathie-d Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kathie-d Posted 20 Mar 2011 , 5:33pm
post #6 of 10

When I got mine I got it here
http://www.cricutmachine.com/index.php?cPath=53
It was on sale and it was $320 with all 4 cartigdes including shipping to Canada ( it was $279 before shipping and if you are in the US they have free shipping) That was cheaper than I could buy JUST the machine for here! They are still on sale, but for a little more now. I think the bundle is $379 now, but again you get all 4 cartidges....might be worth taking a look at. HTH

kimkake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kimkake Posted 20 Mar 2011 , 5:36pm
post #7 of 10

Go to cricutmachine.com -- I got a bundle for $249 - that was the machine and FOUR cartridges. Hope they still have that - I got mine about 2 month ago already. And you can get extra cart. from that site for $15-$20.

kimkake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kimkake Posted 20 Mar 2011 , 5:39pm
post #8 of 10

Scratch my above post - I'm so sorry, I just went to the site and the exact same bundle went up to $379!!

dixiedarlin79 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dixiedarlin79 Posted 20 Mar 2011 , 11:32pm
post #9 of 10

I was looking on Ebay earlier today and found some great prices. I'm still deciding but you should check it out.

Loucinda Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Loucinda Posted 21 Mar 2011 , 1:10am
post #10 of 10

I think I got the smokin' deal of the century on mine. I got the Cricut Cake, 2 cartridges, 2 pkg. of the long cutting sheets, 2 pkg. of the 12" cutting sheets, a water pen, the tool set, and 10 sets of the icing sheets for $90. (I have a friend that works at Michaels and they were all 90% off). icon_biggrin.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%