Making Fondant Letter For A Logo

Decorating By rachelbius06 Updated 20 Mar 2011 , 6:11pm by ajwonka

rachelbius06 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
rachelbius06 Posted 20 Mar 2011 , 4:27pm
post #1 of 5

i need to make a grooms cake and the cake is a product so i am going to need to make the letters out of fondant. how do i go about making the letters out of fondant to look exactly like the products letters?

4 replies
Marianna46 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Marianna46 Posted 20 Mar 2011 , 5:48pm
post #2 of 5

You could find an image of the logo on the internet, print it out and cut out the letters and use that as a pattern to cut your rolled-out fondant. If you want it a little stiffer, print out the letters, glue them to cardboard and then cut them out. When you cut the fondant letters out, try to do it with a pizza cutter (which may be too big for the detail) or a smaller impression wheel. That keeps your fondant from moving around so much as you cut. You CAN cut it with a very sharp paring knife, but you need to go really slowly so the fondant won't distort as you cut. HTH.

mplaidgirl2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mplaidgirl2 Posted 20 Mar 2011 , 5:53pm
post #3 of 5

I just print the size I want the letters.
Cut them out to make a template and
then use an exacto knife.

This was my first attempt at a logo.
I think it came out decent

http://cakecentral.com/gallery/1964711

sugardugar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sugardugar Posted 20 Mar 2011 , 5:56pm
post #4 of 5

If you look at my photos, I did a replica of the Toy Story logo.

I looked up the name of the font used for this logo, wrote "Kevin's Birthday 4" on a document, printed, traced with a super sharp knife on fondant, arranged to look like logo.

HTH!

ajwonka Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ajwonka Posted 20 Mar 2011 , 6:11pm
post #5 of 5

I find it's easier if I roll out the fondant then let it dry a bit before I cut out the letters.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%