Giant Dipper Roller Coaster

Decorating By CakeWelder Updated 21 Mar 2011 , 12:42am by CakeWelder

CakeWelder Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CakeWelder Posted 20 Mar 2011 , 2:07am
post #1 of 3

I am back after being gone for a few months. I only make two cakes a year, one for my daughter and one for a family friend. I agreed to make another cake for another friend this last year (a Saturn V rocket) and it turn out to be a disaster. One that I will post up later.
This year I got back into it and made a roller coaster cake for my daughter who was having a party at a local amusement park. I figured that a coaster was fitting ang would be fun to create.

Up until the day before the party I had planned to make the a mold out of ice and fill with chocolate and then let it melt leaving a shell if a roller coaster. After running out of time with work I decided to make it out of fondant with a acrylic support.
It turned out well and was a big hit. If I had about three more days I could have planned a little more detail. But two days was all I could afford this time.

For some reason this site is not allowing me to upload to this forum but I can upload to to the gallery

2 replies
DianeLM Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
DianeLM Posted 20 Mar 2011 , 2:34pm
post #2 of 3

Great looking cake! Welcome back!

CakeWelder Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CakeWelder Posted 21 Mar 2011 , 12:42am
post #3 of 3

Well I guess there is some bug that won't let photos be uploaded, so here is a link to the gallery pic of the coaster.
http://cakecentral.com/gallery/1977432

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%