Arizona Members- Check Out The New Food Cottage Bill

Decorating By KimAZ Updated 4 Nov 2011 , 3:31am by chassidyg

zerofantasies Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
zerofantasies Posted 29 Jul 2011 , 6:58pm
post #91 of 99

This is seriously good news! I'm already on my way to establishing actual business end of it.

I know I need license from the city I'm based on and need to register online. But do we also need any license or permit state wise??

myluvkris Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
myluvkris Posted 5 Aug 2011 , 5:43am
post #92 of 99

Wow!! I'm so glad I found this. I've been struggling with trying to find a kitchen to rent vs. making a profit. I've been wanting to start a business, but the finances weren't there. Thank you for this!!

I have one question though: according to the bill the baked good cannot be "potentially hazardous", does that mean that I cannot use pudding or cheesecake filling as those are both considered "potentially hazardous"?

PieceofCakeAZ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
PieceofCakeAZ Posted 5 Aug 2011 , 9:29am
post #93 of 99

Here's a good article that was just posted on AZcentral about the new law:

http://www.azcentral.com/news/election/azelections/articles/2011/08/05/20110805arizona-program-residents-sell-home-baked-goods.html

I have to laugh at John Kolman's comment. "It's neither regulated nor non-regulated."

I wonder what would happen if I started talking like that "I'm neither delivering your wedding cake nor not delivering your wedding cake". icon_biggrin.gif

KimAZ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KimAZ Posted 5 Aug 2011 , 5:28pm
post #94 of 99

Thanks for that article link Kevin!

As for using certain fillings that have dairy products, I opt to go with non dairy mousse fillings by using Pastry Pride. You can get it locally at Smart and Final. Mixing that with dry pudding mix makes a really tasty filling!

KimAZ

chassidyg Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
chassidyg Posted 31 Aug 2011 , 5:08pm
post #95 of 99

I heart smart and final, I just wish they'd get done re-modeling ours! I can't find anything the last time I was there! icon_sad.gif Thanks for the article link!

KimAZ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KimAZ Posted 9 Oct 2011 , 6:12pm
post #96 of 99

Here is the latest as of Oct 7, 2011.

http://directorsblog.health.azdhs.gov/

Watch the video. The link to the other stuff is quiet confusing so if anyone can make sense of it, good luck.

KimAZ

chassidyg Posted 17 Oct 2011 , 9:44pm
post #97 of 99

I got my certificate today! Yes, I'm a little behind as I know it was allowed back in July, but I am so excited!!!!!

dukeswalker Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dukeswalker Posted 3 Nov 2011 , 5:54pm
post #98 of 99

So I've been dragging my feet and need a little help....To be "legal" in AZ I need to:
Step 1: register with ADHS, correct?
Step 2: Obtain Food Handler's License
Step 3: Make sure to clearly mark ingredients and that baked goods came from an unlicensed kitchen

Is that it? Am I missing something?

Thanks Cakers!

chassidyg Posted 4 Nov 2011 , 3:31am
post #99 of 99

That is what I did Dukeswalker, I got my certicate from Maricopa County e-mailed to me in 12 hours from when I submitted it online

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%