Wedding Cake With Smbc Ok For 3 Days?

Decorating By Sangriacupcake Updated 17 Mar 2011 , 11:47pm by Sangriacupcake

Sangriacupcake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Sangriacupcake Posted 17 Mar 2011 , 5:15pm
post #1 of 5

I'll be making a wedding cake this spring and I'd like to use SMBC, which I've never used on a wedding cake before. This will be a very large cake (by my standards--I'm a hobbyist) with 4 or 5 tiers and 2-3 satellite cakes.

A project this big means I have to start on Thursday with baking the cakes and making the buttercream. Stack & decorate Friday. Deliver Saturday. Will the SMBC last until Saturday evening and still be fresh, smooth & creamy? I've had dessert sized cakes last a couple of days, but for some reason I'm so afraid that a huge cake covered in a meringue icing will start to melt or separate. Are my fears unfounded??!!

Oh, and I should add that I do NOT have enough refrigerator space for such a large cake.

4 replies
Sangriacupcake Posted 17 Mar 2011 , 9:11pm
post #2 of 5

I know there are a lot of hot topics going today, but maybe somebody can reassure me? Please?

nickshalfpint Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
nickshalfpint Posted 17 Mar 2011 , 9:28pm
post #3 of 5

I know that you can freeze it for up to a month and that its good in the fridge for 3 days and if the temp outside is not hot it should be fine for the day. So I'm thinking it might not be a good idea to leave it out for 3 days. But I don't use it that often, so I'm no expert. I hope someone has better info for you. Good luck with your cake (=

nickshalfpint Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
nickshalfpint Posted 17 Mar 2011 , 9:31pm
post #4 of 5

Here is a thread about SMBC.....hopefully it has some info. On pagr four she did say it could be left out for two days, but any longer than that she would refrigerate it.

http://cakecentral.com/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=594605&postdays=0&postorder=asc&&start=0

Sangriacupcake Posted 17 Mar 2011 , 11:47pm
post #5 of 5

Thanks, Nickshalfpint! I really appreciate your help. icon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%