Making Fondant Receipts

Decorating By creationsbykidada Updated 14 Mar 2011 , 2:28pm by MissLisa

creationsbykidada Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
creationsbykidada Posted 14 Mar 2011 , 2:01pm
post #1 of 2

Hello All, I am having a time. I'm getting more and purse and fashion cakes that require receipts. I've seen some awesome ones, can anyone please tell me how those are made, if someone has a template they may be able to forward me, any help is greatly appreciated. I've attached a pic of the style Im talking about

1 reply
MissLisa Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MissLisa Posted 14 Mar 2011 , 2:28pm
post #2 of 2

So your picture didn't attach. Are you talking about a "store receipt" that lays next to the cake to show where it was bought and how much it was? Or are you talking about the price tag that would be attached to the purse? Either way, I think the best way is an edible image.

I have done a tag with UPC, style, color etc on it along with the price. The little girl that it was for wanted the price to be her birthday so it was $524.99 (May 24, 1999) I created my own UPC in paint just by making straight lines of verying thickness. Then I transfered the image into Microsoft publisher and put all the text on it. I printed it on an edible image sheet and attached it to fondant or gumpaste, put a hole in the top and attached it to the purse.

If I don't already have a picture uploaded here, I'll add it.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%