Frostings

Baking By Rondascakes Updated 13 Mar 2011 , 3:17am by icer101

Rondascakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Rondascakes Posted 10 Mar 2011 , 6:37pm
post #1 of 4

Expecting 100+ heat for this June wedding. Besides fondant can anyone recommend a heat tolerant frosting?

3 replies
Jenniferc03 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Jenniferc03 Posted 10 Mar 2011 , 9:14pm
post #2 of 4

No idea. I will watch this though to see what others say.

I have to say...I love how you put it in the disaster forum icon_lol.gif Cake and that heat has got to be scary!

Rondascakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Rondascakes Posted 13 Mar 2011 , 2:59am
post #3 of 4

The way I see it I am trying to avert a disaster. This is an outdoor wedding and although the cake will be in the shade under a tent...hot is hot. I have always avoided buttercream because I have seen too many "land slide" disasters. I usually use a product called Pastry Pride non dairy topping. It is very resiliant but I fear if the temperature goes to high it too could have issues. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

icer101 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
icer101 Posted 13 Mar 2011 , 3:17am
post #4 of 4

many decorators on c/c love indydebi's b/c recipe. She swears it stands up to very hot heat.. also, sharon zambito on this site lives in louisiana and her b/c stands up to heat. You can see her making hers on youtube. Hers is very tasty also.She uses hi-ratio shortening in hers. you can also use hi-ratio shortening in indydebi's. both of these recipes are on this site. hth. A lot of the decorators here, use theses recipes for that purpose also, when they have wedding cakes during the summer, for outside weddings, etc.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%