Final Health Inspection Monday For My Cake Shop!!!

Business By bellaudreycakes Updated 9 Mar 2011 , 12:53am by bellaudreycakes

bellaudreycakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bellaudreycakes Posted 9 Mar 2011 , 12:15am
post #1 of 4

I know every state is different but can anyone with a cake shop tell me what things the health inspector checks for the final inspection? I know he will check my equipment and make sure everything is NFS etc, but does he look in my cupboards and check the containers that my flour, sugar etc are in? Do those have to be a certain kind of container or can I just use large ingredient containers?? I'm kinda freakin out we are to open shop Mar. 22 any help or tips would be soooo appreciated! Thanks

3 replies
cakeandpartygirl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakeandpartygirl Posted 9 Mar 2011 , 12:33am
post #2 of 4

I am not sure what they are looking for but I would think that they would check to see where your flour ie dry goods are stored. If I remember correctly they should be at least 6 in. off of the floor. I would think that the containers should be an nsf approved container. Other than that I don't have much info to give you but congratulations on opening your own shop!! I wish you the best.

VickeyC Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
VickeyC Posted 9 Mar 2011 , 12:39am
post #3 of 4

My inspector told me that if I had things that were not in their original container, to make sure that they are labeled. I also had to have my wash, rinse, sanitize sign hung above the 3 compartment sink. She checked to make sure that I had bleach and test strips for the sanitize sink. If I think of anything else. I'll let you know.

bellaudreycakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bellaudreycakes Posted 9 Mar 2011 , 12:53am
post #4 of 4

thank you thank you!!!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%