Colored Fanci Foil

Decorating By KAMI_Cakes Updated 8 Mar 2011 , 9:31pm by Chonte

KAMI_Cakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KAMI_Cakes Posted 8 Mar 2011 , 8:30pm
post #1 of 5

Can anyone tell me where they get their colored foils to cover the bases of their cakes? I'm looking for FDA approved foil because I'm tired of wrapping a base with foil, then wrapping it again with FDA approved plastic. I would love to know where you all get your foil for covering your bases. Thanks!

4 replies
CWR41 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CWR41 Posted 8 Mar 2011 , 8:48pm
post #2 of 5

You can continue using the colored foil from your current supplier. If your cake is on its own board, it doesn't matter as long as not directly on the foil that may or may not be foodsafe.

Fanci foil is Wilton brand. You can also check with your local florist.

KAMI_Cakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KAMI_Cakes Posted 8 Mar 2011 , 9:01pm
post #3 of 5

My mistake, I thought fanci foil was the type of foil. Not the wilton brand. Anyway, I did purchase colored foil from a store online and noticed that the color was actually rubbing off as I worked on the cake as it was applied to the base. Good thing it was for a family friend and free. But really don't want to have to cover a base twice. Once with the foil and then with the plastic. Really looking for FDA approved rolls of foil that's not just 3 feet long.

CWR41 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CWR41 Posted 8 Mar 2011 , 9:05pm
post #4 of 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by KAMI_Cakes

But really don't want to have to cover a base twice. Once with the foil and then with the plastic.

You can eliminate the plastic if your cake is on its own corrugated cake circle and then placed onto the base board.

Chonte Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%