Indydeby's Buttercream Recipe Review

Decorating By platinumlady Updated 6 Mar 2011 , 5:20am by sugardugar

platinumlady Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
platinumlady Posted 6 Mar 2011 , 4:19am
post #1 of 7

Earlier this week I found Indydeby's Buttercream recipe...I finally got a chance to try it out. I love it...the texture the taste the way it covers a cake. It was a little sweet but I know next time to add a little salt...but I'm glad it was sweet because my Satin Ice isn't schedule to arrive until Monday...(didn't order it early enough) So I had to use Wilton's Fondant. Before when I used Wilton I kneed flavor into the Fondant...but didn't have time to do that today. However, I used more icing underneath the fondant to offset the taste. I only wish I had found this buttercream sooner.

Thank you Indydeby for sharing thumbs_up.gifthumbs_up.gifthumbs_up.gificon_biggrin.gif

6 replies
conchita Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
conchita Posted 6 Mar 2011 , 4:33am
post #2 of 7

I just found her recipe too and I have to try it, can you tell me if the recipe is soft? thanks

sugardugar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sugardugar Posted 6 Mar 2011 , 4:38am
post #3 of 7

Share the recipe! I am still struggling to find a BC I love!

platinumlady Posted 6 Mar 2011 , 5:00am
post #4 of 7

Conchita I'm not sure what you mean by "soft" However, I will say it is very smooth. The recipe I was using before was hard to make roses. However, With Indydebi's buttercream They pipe so smooth No jagged edges...

Here's the link to the recipe
http://cakecentral.com/recipes/6992/indydebis-crisco-based-buttercream-icing

conchita Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
conchita Posted 6 Mar 2011 , 5:09am
post #5 of 7

Thanks platinumlady, I was told this recipe gets very crusty I like my buttercream to be like whipped cream. but I will try it
thanks again for the link

platinumlady Posted 6 Mar 2011 , 5:13am
post #6 of 7

Oh... okay Just add more milk. I wanted mine thinner because it was going under fondant and the more milk I add the more it had a whipped consistency. It's very light & one of the best things I like is that it does not require Meringue powered...so I don't have to change recipes if someone has an egg allergy

sugardugar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sugardugar Posted 6 Mar 2011 , 5:20am
post #7 of 7

TY for sharing the link!!

If you want your BC to crust less use a lower end shortening. It took me forever to figure out why my BC wouldn't crust - I was cheaping out on the shortening! LOL.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%