Why Does My Cupcake Come Away From The Cases

Baking By xxscarlet Updated 5 Mar 2011 , 6:11pm by Coral3

xxscarlet Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
xxscarlet Posted 5 Mar 2011 , 12:03pm
post #1 of 4

icon_eek.gif PLEASE can someone help my cupcakes have recently come away from the cases i normaly cook then take them straight out the muffin tins and cool of cake rack - what am doing wrong i thought if left to cool in the tins the steam would make them come away?

3 replies
VeronicaLuis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
VeronicaLuis Posted 5 Mar 2011 , 12:31pm
post #2 of 4

I use to bake perfect cupcakes then all of a sudden the liners would come away from the cake, I couldn't work out why then my husband said "you must have changed something." I tried baking them longer thinking that maybe they were slightly under cooked, but that wasn't it. Then it hit me one day that I added extra liquid for a normal cake and would take that liquid away when I was doing cupcakes. So as soon as I remembered the liquid that I had added previously for the perfect cupcakes, the very next batch was perfect. So all it was in my case was the cake batter was too wet and soon as I corrected that, problem solved. I hope this works for you

cowie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cowie Posted 5 Mar 2011 , 2:37pm
post #3 of 4

I had this issue too, I changed the liners to grease proof ones and haven't had an issue. If you haven't changed the liners then maybe they are too moist.

Coral3 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Coral3 Posted 5 Mar 2011 , 6:11pm
post #4 of 4

I think it is a moisture issue...I've noticed it always happens if I try to brush syrup on the cupcakes as they come out of the oven... and it seems to be a problem with very moist recipes. It gets worse if the batter doesn't fill up the cup properly - less contact with the paper for it to stick I guess.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%