Beaufort Sc Questions

Decorating By cakeandpartygirl Updated 20 Mar 2011 , 3:58am by TillieBK

cakeandpartygirl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakeandpartygirl Posted 3 Mar 2011 , 8:32pm
post #1 of 13

I just wanted to know a little information about that area:

Are there any cake clubs? I have done a search but it pulled up threads from '07 and I don't know if any of that information has changed. icon_redface.gif I also noticed that most of them are from the larger cities such as Columbia, etc.

Are there any speciality cake decorating shops in the nearby area? I again have searched the web and haven't found what I was looking for. I found a place in rock hill but they said that they carry bakery craft and wilton products. thumbsdown.gif

If you have any other general info that would be much appreciated!!!

12 replies
samarinbooboo Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
samarinbooboo Posted 3 Mar 2011 , 8:43pm
post #2 of 13

I am not sure about Beaufort but there is a bakery that was on TV a couple weeks ago from Hilton Head.

cakeandpartygirl Posted 3 Mar 2011 , 10:21pm
post #3 of 13

I saw the bakery but I am more interested in supplies. But thanks anyway

Tinkerbel1130 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Tinkerbel1130 Posted 3 Mar 2011 , 10:38pm
post #4 of 13

I live in NC and have been looking for cake supply stores other thank Michaels, AC Moore etc. I found this place in Clayton, NC it is a 3 hour drive for me but am heading there tomorrow to check it out. I sure hope its worth the drive. I'll let you know also you can try cakesupplydepot.com they are located in Ft. Lauderdale however hAve alot of products I usually just order from them. I'll let you know about the one in clayton,nc

cakeandpartygirl Posted 3 Mar 2011 , 11:11pm
post #5 of 13

[quote="Tinkerbel1130"]I live in NC and have been looking for cake supply stores other thank Michaels, AC Moore etc. I found this place in Clayton, NC it is a 3 hour drive for me but am heading there tomorrow to check it out. I sure hope its worth the drive. I'll let you know also you can try cakesupplydepot.com they are located in Ft. Lauderdale however hAve alot of products I usually just order from them. I'll let you know about the one in clayton,nc[/quote

is the name of that one Jones'?

stsapph Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
stsapph Posted 4 Mar 2011 , 12:13am
post #6 of 13

I'm from Hilton Head, and as far as I know, there are no specialty cake shops around. I either have to go to Micheal's or order online. Same goes for clubs, but that may be different in Beaufort. There isn't really a huge caking community down here, it's just starting to take hold in the area.

cakeandpartygirl Posted 4 Mar 2011 , 12:35am
post #7 of 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by stsapph

I'm from Hilton Head, and as far as I know, there are no specialty cake shops around. I either have to go to Micheal's or order online. Same goes for clubs, but that may be different in Beaufort. There isn't really a huge caking community down here, it's just starting to take hold in the area.

Oh that stinks thumbsdown.gif I was hoping to find a store to save on shipping but then again with the rising cost of gas it might not be worth it. I don't mind ordering online but sometimes you just can't get the true representation of the item from a picture on a computer. Thanks a bunch!

SophisticatedSweets Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SophisticatedSweets Posted 6 Mar 2011 , 2:52am
post #8 of 13

When we lived in Beaufort there was nada in terms of cake clubs, speciality stores, etc. It has been a few years since we have moved, and they have expanded since then, but in terms of the cake business I haven't heard of any expansion on that end. :p Good luck!

samarinbooboo Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
samarinbooboo Posted 8 Mar 2011 , 2:42pm
post #9 of 13

See if they have a Thomas and Howard store there. That's where I get all my boxes and such. Cheaper than a craft store.

cakeandpartygirl Posted 8 Mar 2011 , 2:54pm
post #10 of 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by samarinbooboo

See if they have a Thomas and Howard store there. That's where I get all my boxes and such. Cheaper than a craft store.

Thanks

gidgetdoescakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
gidgetdoescakes Posted 9 Mar 2011 , 11:07pm
post #11 of 13

I forget how far Charleston SC is from Beaufort, but I dont think its real far....you could do a search for Charleston....Beaufort is a quaint little town, its where they filmed The Big Chill, and its also home to Parriss Island Marine Corp Depot....its very lovely there, but I can't think of any cake supply outlet in that little area. hth

cakeandpartygirl Posted 9 Mar 2011 , 11:20pm
post #12 of 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by gidgetdoescakes

I forget how far Charleston SC is from Beaufort, but I dont think its real far....you could do a search for Charleston....Beaufort is a quaint little town, its where they filmed The Big Chill, and its also home to Parriss Island Marine Corp Depot....its very lovely there, but I can't think of any cake supply outlet in that little area. hth

I think it is about an hour or so but I did a google and so far there hasn't been anything to come up except in Rock Hill but I don't think that they have what I am looking for. Most of their items are wilton and they have a few bakery craft items. Thank you

TillieBK Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TillieBK Posted 20 Mar 2011 , 3:58am
post #13 of 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by cakeandpartygirl

I just wanted to know a little information about that area:

Are there any cake clubs? I have done a search but it pulled up threads from '07 and I don't know if any of that information has changed. icon_redface.gif I also noticed that most of them are from the larger cities such as Columbia, etc.

Are there any speciality cake decorating shops in the nearby area? I again have searched the web and haven't found what I was looking for. I found a place in rock hill but they said that they carry bakery craft and wilton products. thumbsdown.gif

If you have any other general info that would be much appreciated!!!

I live in Charlotte and there is a cake shop located in Pineville that carries several supplies...it is quite far from you but we do frequent our beach house on Kiawa Island which is near you and I wouldn't at all mind loading extras in the car to meet a fellow cake enthusiast! icon_wink.gif If you would like the info please pm me. HTH

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%