Cupcake Shoes....have You Heard Of These?

Baking By cupcakesnbuttercream Updated 3 Mar 2011 , 2:47pm by Motorhead

cupcakesnbuttercream Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cupcakesnbuttercream Posted 3 Mar 2011 , 2:57am
post #1 of 6

A few months back, I came across a photo of an edible shoe with a cupcake inside of it.
I would like to try to make something like this for my daughter's birthday, but I can't seem to find any info or pics of them anymore.
Does anyone have any ideas on how to do them or has anyone seen these before?

Thanks

5 replies
Jennifer353 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Jennifer353 Posted 3 Mar 2011 , 11:11am
post #2 of 6

Was the cupcake 'cake' right in the shoe or a regular cupcake sitting at the top of it? ie was the cake baked in the shoe do you think?

Sorry no real help but when reading your post I thought would icecream cones, could they somehow be used? Just thinking as I type... the bottom (half?) of a flat bottomed cone for the sole of the shoe and the bottom part of a pointed bottom cone for the heel (all filled with cake), somehow joined to the base part... maybe with a piece of cake about the size of a regular slice, resting on an icecream wafer if it needs supporting?? ...Not exactly a cupcake in a shoe granted...

leily Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
leily Posted 3 Mar 2011 , 12:59pm
post #3 of 6

i remember what you're talking about. It was a chocolate shoe and the "toe" part had a hole deep enough for the cupcake to slide into the shoe. So it looked a little more like a platform type shoe. I don't remember who did it though as i remember it was a bakery that had made their own mold. I'm thinking though that since it was posted someone had found someone to make it, or someone posted they were going to start making the mold.

Sorry i can't be of more help.

sikkink1606 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sikkink1606 Posted 3 Mar 2011 , 1:49pm
post #4 of 6

go to Hello! Cupcake and watch the video of demo on the TODAY show with Kathy Lee and Hoda

bakencake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bakencake Posted 3 Mar 2011 , 2:34pm
post #5 of 6

I also remember what you are talking about. it was made out of chocolate with a hole for the cupcake. If i remember correctly we never got any real info on the mold.

Motorhead Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Motorhead Posted 3 Mar 2011 , 2:47pm
post #6 of 6

i just watched the video, it looks like it's just a cupcake, a rolled choc stick (orea i believe they stated) for the heal, and a graham wafer dipped in choc for the foot part. they never once mentioned a mold. hth

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%