Wasc For Full Sheet Cake?

Decorating By amy206 Updated 3 Mar 2011 , 2:58am by sccandwbfan

amy206 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
amy206 Posted 2 Mar 2011 , 11:33pm
post #1 of 6

Hello

Has anyone ever used WASC for a full sheet cake? I'm concerned that it will not cook correctly and weigh a ton! icon_surprised.gif also, I'm using 2 half sheet pans so I believe that 3 boxes of cake per pan? TIA everyone!!

5 replies
Renaejrk Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Renaejrk Posted 2 Mar 2011 , 11:39pm
post #2 of 6

I use wasc for every cake I do - doesn't matter what it is! How many it takes may depend on which recipe you use and how tall you want it though, so I can't help much there. I think I use 1 box for 1/4 sheet but can't remember how tall mine is - I use extra egg and mine doesn't rise as much.

amy206 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
amy206 Posted 2 Mar 2011 , 11:55pm
post #3 of 6

thanks so much for your response, I think I'll give it a shot!

lutie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lutie Posted 3 Mar 2011 , 2:23am
post #4 of 6

amy206, I use 2 boxes for a 12 x 18 in my WASC cakes...they come out beautifully...the lady who introduced the WASC cakes to CC says that one cake mix used in the WASC makes 1 & 1/2 times the usual batter than a 'straight' cake mix. It will fill one of the following pans: 8" sq; 12" round; 9x13x2; OR one 10" and 6" round.

Hope this gives you a better idea how much is needed.

step0nmi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
step0nmi Posted 3 Mar 2011 , 2:45am
post #5 of 6

do a couple of inverted flower nails to help cook it!!! for a full sheet i usually use two. that means you just shortening and flower and flower nail and put the flat side in the pan before pouring in the batter. makes sure to get the heat to the middle the same time as the outside to not over cook icon_smile.gif

sccandwbfan Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sccandwbfan Posted 3 Mar 2011 , 2:58am
post #6 of 6

I measure out my batter before using any and have found that most of the 2 box WASC's give 14 cups of batter and the 1 box one's give 7 cups of batter. I did this to help determine cost per cup and it's come in handy to know how many WASC's it takes to fill what pan. icon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%