New Google Recipe Search Means Extra Coding For Food Blogger

Lounge By homebasedbaking Updated 1 Mar 2011 , 3:51am by costumeczar

homebasedbaking Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
homebasedbaking Posted 1 Mar 2011 , 1:59am
post #1 of 2

According to the Chicago Tribune, a year ago Google started asking big food websites to add code to their recipes so search results would reveal time and servings info, plus reader reviews and other information. What the article didnt mention is that food bloggers werent involved.

Take a peek at this article and see if this will impact you as a food blogger? Just wondering... What are your thoughts? I am hoping someone will create a plugin to remedy this...

Full Article
http://diannej.com/blog/2011/02/new-google-recipe-search-means-extra-coding-for-food-bloggers/comment-page-1/#comment-18777

1 reply
costumeczar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
costumeczar Posted 1 Mar 2011 , 3:51am
post #2 of 2

I don't put many recipes on my blog, but I did searches for a couple that I put on it, and they both came up on the first page of results. With the recipe filter, though, they didn't show up at all.

I guess it could be bad for food bloggers who don't want to do their own code, but really, people are pretty clueless when it comes to using google. The first thing that most people do is to straight to the search box, type in what they want, then hit enter. They don't go to the specific filters and narrow it down from the beginning. I wouldn't worry too much about it until people become more savvy about google and all the ways that you can filter out results, and I don't think that will happen any time soon. By the time the general population knows how to do that, it will have given all the bloggers time to figure out how to add the code.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%