Lmdodson Posted 28 Feb 2011 , 6:40pm
post #1 of

Ok so I need some help. I need to cut out a Superman emblem for a cake this weekend and I have no idea where to start!

Any and all suggestions will be great! Thanks!

Lacey

6 replies
Motorhead Posted 28 Feb 2011 , 6:51pm
post #2 of

one option would be to make it out of fondant or gumpaste. i made a buffalo sabers design by printing out multiple copies of the design, then using my exacto knife cutting out the parts that were different colors and using them as a template for colored fondant. then i just layered and assembled it.
but you could also use a fbct or chocolate.

sarascakecreations Posted 28 Feb 2011 , 10:04pm
post #3 of

I did the same!

I've made batman and superman this way.... I didn't even print it out bc my printer isn't working... so I blew it up on my screen to the size I wanted and traced it on paper then cut it out with exacto knife and then lay that over my fondant and cut it out.... voila!

sadsmile Posted 28 Feb 2011 , 10:20pm
post #4 of

yes making your own paper template is the easiest way to go. I did that for the Superman logo on my Supergirl cake topper. Easy peasy and clean.

Lmdodson Posted 1 Mar 2011 , 1:45pm
post #5 of

Thanks everyone so much!!

nikkigonzalez Posted 7 Mar 2011 , 4:36am
post #6 of

I just made this type of cake this weekend and I drew the Superman Sign on a piece of cardboard. Luckly I can draw lol. Then I used the cardboard to trace over yellow fondant and the same for the "S" on red fondant then layered them on top of each other. Heres a link so you can see my cake.

http://mycakedots.webs.com/customcakes.htm

sebrina Posted 7 Mar 2011 , 4:57am
post #7 of

I did the entire Superman last year that was a FBCT. Turned out really good except I am too hard headed to listed when they said to use a mirrored image! icon_lol.gif Afterwards I looked at it & had that 'ohhhh.... i see' moment! icon_redface.gif Oh well, good luck!

http://cakecentral.com/gallery/1663264

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%