Recipe Translation

Baking By smallville187 Updated 2 Mar 2011 , 5:41pm by Baker_Rose

smallville187 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
smallville187 Posted 28 Feb 2011 , 3:26pm
post #1 of 4

I've been given a recipe for a traditional polish dessert however it was written with what i would assume to be cups. it says to add 2 glasses of milk and 2 glasses of confectioner's sugar. would anyone know if this is 8 oz? or is it trial and error? thanks for any help

3 replies
misscrazy4cakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
misscrazy4cakes Posted 28 Feb 2011 , 3:44pm
post #2 of 4

its probably a small coffee cup, thats how my grandma measures for her cakes, etc.

KJ62798 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KJ62798 Posted 28 Feb 2011 , 4:36pm
post #3 of 4

What is the name of the dessert?

There are a number of online Polish recipe sites. You should be able to find a version of the same recipe w/real measurements to see how they compare.

Kristy

Baker_Rose Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Baker_Rose Posted 2 Mar 2011 , 5:41pm
post #4 of 4

There was probably a "family cup" that went with the recipes. My Grandmother had an old aluminum one "cup" measure that was passed down. When a recipe said "cups" it was THAT cup. This was the old way before people got together and made a universal cup. I switched old family recipes to weights years ago because of this!!

Your best bet would be to try a cup and see what happens, but know that you may have to adjust flour and milk along the way, then write down the actual amount you used and go from there!

icon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%