Wedding Anniversary And Radio Dj Cake Combo...

Decorating By ptanyer Updated 28 Feb 2011 , 6:50pm by VMesser

ptanyer Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ptanyer Posted 28 Feb 2011 , 2:47am
post #1 of 3

I have a client that wants an anniversary cake for her husband who is a radio DJ. Their wedding colors were cream and black, carnations were the flowers, and it has to be a white cake with chocolate icing. I am at a complete loss as to how to pull all this together in an attractive and cohesive cake. Anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks very much in advance thumbs_up.gif

Pam

2 replies
cownsj Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cownsj Posted 28 Feb 2011 , 2:53am
post #2 of 3

How about a record player, with the record on it. And you can pick either an appropriate song title, or put "Happy Anniversary" by the ..... and add their names. If you need to add the flowers, you can put them around the base of the record player.

VMesser Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
VMesser Posted 28 Feb 2011 , 6:50pm
post #3 of 3

I was thinking about the Chocolate frosting. You could do I white Chocolate frosting. If you don't want the Brown. and even color the white chocolate frosting to the color you wish.

You could make some music notes. Records or maybe some of those old things called Casset Tapes :0) hehehehe. h maybe some head phones. Oh I microphone with a long tail wire that wraps around the cake a bit. One of those old big rectangle boom boxes from the 80's.

The above ideas i was thinking of fondant but you can make a nice elegant tier white cake. Use the white chocolate frosting either leave it white or add a touch of color to it. Make the carnations but then add simple music notes out of Chocolate dust with PS for a bit of detail. Or even sprinkle that edible glitter just before the chocolate notes harden all the way. I have seen it in Silver Hearts. Add the Music Notes around the cake and maybe even a couple of Tiny Chocolate Records at the top of the cake standing up right.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%