How Do You Get Cupcakes To Look Like This?

Baking By deliciabale Updated 23 Feb 2011 , 8:55pm by jade8

deliciabale Posted 23 Feb 2011 , 6:39pm
post #1 of 7

How do you get to have that kind of lip on the edge these have?

How do you ice the cupcake and what tip do you use to get that kind of swirl?

6 replies
janeoxo Posted 23 Feb 2011 , 7:10pm
post #2 of 7

Your link does not appear to be working

LisaPeps Posted 23 Feb 2011 , 7:11pm
post #3 of 7

That link comes up "bad request"

I assume you mean these

I would guess a 1M tip, start on the outside swirling inwards and it would be a fairly thick icing to be able to hold its shape like that.

Someone may correct me though

peachspider Posted 23 Feb 2011 , 7:40pm
post #4 of 7

yup! I also think it's 1M. icon_biggrin.gif

JohnnyCakes1966 Posted 23 Feb 2011 , 7:53pm
post #5 of 7

When you say "lip," do you mean how the actual cake bakes over the top of the liner?

janeoxo Posted 23 Feb 2011 , 8:47pm
post #6 of 7

Yes 1M and the lip is done by putting in enough mixture so when it rises it goes over the top of the case but you would need to ensure that the case sits right down in the cupcake pan

jade8 Posted 23 Feb 2011 , 8:55pm
post #7 of 7

it is a tip 1m. and their cupcakes taste really good when you can get your hands on one. they are seriously that busy.

Quote by @%username% on %date%