Alphabet Cutters

Decorating By kimboann Updated 23 Feb 2011 , 8:52pm by Ellie1985

Cupcations Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cupcations Posted 23 Feb 2011 , 3:13pm
post #31 of 35

Just an extra idea/option
I use my letters for cupcakes & personally don't use any cutters, I think cutters keep you limited to specific fonts & sizes
I normally print the font I want & the size I want on a paper, top the paper with wax paper & trace it with Candy melts with Tip#1 ( I color the candy melts) Always make extra, they are fragile little things lol
I think that way you can put any font you like & dont have to stick to buying sets & sets of cutters & worry about the font & size (check out my pics)
as I said I use my letters on cupcakes(small areas) not sure if it would work on bigger items such as cakes
HTH icon_smile.gif

TerriLynn Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TerriLynn Posted 23 Feb 2011 , 3:43pm
post #32 of 35
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cupcations

Just an extra idea/option
I use my letters for cupcakes & personally don't use any cutters, I think cutters keep you limited to specific fonts & sizes
I normally print the font I want & the size I want on a paper, top the paper with wax paper & trace it with Candy melts with Tip#1 ( I color the candy melts) Always make extra, they are fragile little things lol
I think that way you can put any font you like & dont have to stick to buying sets & sets of cutters & worry about the font & size (check out my pics)
as I said I use my letters on cupcakes(small areas) not sure if it would work on bigger items such as cakes
HTH icon_smile.gif

What an awesome idea!! Thank you so much for sharing!

Claire138 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Claire138 Posted 23 Feb 2011 , 3:49pm
post #33 of 35

Cupcations, thanks for the great idea, I will definitely be using that one.

MissCuteCupcakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MissCuteCupcakes Posted 23 Feb 2011 , 4:07pm
post #34 of 35

i was in the same boat so i found many ways tow rite on my cakes. no free-hand for me

tappit cutters are excellent when using fondant but when piping with buttercream i use the piping gel method.

i just create my message in word (using word art) then i flip the image in reverse, print it out, outline it with clear piping gel and add it to my cake (after the buttercream has crusted). then i go over it with regular buttercream and its perfect. i used this method in the latest cake i made

[/img]

Ellie1985 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Ellie1985 Posted 23 Feb 2011 , 8:52pm
post #35 of 35

I used my new Clikstix letters for the first time this weekend. Love them!!! Very easy to use.

I tried to add an attachment but it's not letting me.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%