Fbct Question

Decorating By lyndim Updated 15 Feb 2011 , 10:00pm by lyndim

lyndim Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lyndim Posted 15 Feb 2011 , 6:15pm
post #1 of 7

I'll be making a FBCT (my first) and was wondering how long can I leave it in the freezer? I was hoping to make it several days ahead, but wasn't sure if I could leave it in the freezer that long. Any helpl would be apprecitated.

6 replies
TexasSugar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TexasSugar Posted 15 Feb 2011 , 6:30pm
post #2 of 7

I've never left me longer than over night, and usually just do it with in an hour or two. There are others on here that have left them in their for longer. After it is frozen just make sure you cover it well so it won't take on freezer smells.

warriorchic8484 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
warriorchic8484 Posted 15 Feb 2011 , 6:31pm
post #3 of 7

Well, I can't fully answer your question but I thought I'd tell you what I do know since no one else has answered. I've never left mine in the freezer longer than 12 hours. I know that 24 hours is ok but not sure about any longer than that. Good Luck!

pmarks0 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pmarks0 Posted 15 Feb 2011 , 7:19pm
post #4 of 7

I've made them and left them in the freezer for several months because it was a practice one and I had no cake for it. As long as it's well wrapped and in a freezer bag, it will be fine.

Sangriacupcake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Sangriacupcake Posted 15 Feb 2011 , 7:29pm
post #5 of 7

I like to make my FBCTs several days before I'll be needing them. I wrap it in plastic after it's frozen. Just be sure to keep it flat, and you should have no problem. Good luck!

pmarks0 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pmarks0 Posted 15 Feb 2011 , 8:06pm
post #6 of 7

If you're interested, Wilton just link on Facebook to their blog with a FBCT tutorial.

http://www.wilton.com/blog/index.php/decorating-with-frozen-buttercream-transfers/?cmp=fb2011&icid=215transfer

lyndim Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lyndim Posted 15 Feb 2011 , 10:00pm
post #7 of 7

Thank you, Thank you all for the quick response and great advice! You guys are the best! icon_biggrin.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%