Image On "baby Bump" Cake

Decorating By thelittlebakerboy Updated 15 Feb 2011 , 8:48pm by Renaejrk

thelittlebakerboy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
thelittlebakerboy Posted 15 Feb 2011 , 3:55pm
post #1 of 2

I am needing some help. I'm still very green on some of my decorating skills and a friend of mine is wanting a cake for her daughter's baby shower. She is wanting the baby bump with with bust. The bust I can do just fine, but the bump is troubling me. Of course it's going to be a rounded cake, but on the bump (which is covered in fondant) she is wanting a replication of a dress that she loves wearing. It is a rose that covers most of her tummy and enlarges as her tummy grows. I was planning on having my friend supply me with an edible image, roll out the fondant, adhere the image to the fondant, and then drape the fondant over the bump. In my mind, this theory works, but has anyone tried this? I don't have the luxury of trying this several times due to not having access to edible images. I'm thinking that even if the fondant stretches a bit, it will be fine b/c it will slightly replicate the stretching of the fabric to enlarge the rose. ???

1 reply
Renaejrk Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Renaejrk Posted 15 Feb 2011 , 8:48pm
post #2 of 2

The only problem I can see is the edible images are not stretchy, but otherwise is sounds good! It's a pretty simple shape so should be easy to put it on.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%