Rose Water Or Lavander Water

Baking By cathie_shinnick Updated 17 Feb 2011 , 1:17am by cathie_shinnick

cathie_shinnick Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cathie_shinnick Posted 15 Feb 2011 , 4:01am
post #1 of 6

Im going to try to make one of each this week, but I was wondering if anyone has made a cake with rose or lavender water, and if you did, what fillings did you use or would you recommend.

5 replies
FromScratchSF Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
FromScratchSF Posted 15 Feb 2011 , 4:36am
post #2 of 6

Lemon works really well with both, but be careful if you have never used either before, they are VERY strong flavors and really easy to overuse.

Good luck!

Jen

CiNoRi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CiNoRi Posted 15 Feb 2011 , 4:39am
post #3 of 6

I have done cakes with lavender. I know its simple but vanilla or whipped cream flavors really are nice. Lavender is a strong flavor, you dont want to compete or mix with something as powerful in flavor.

Would u mind sharing your recipes? I have been wanting to give rose water a try too!

cathie_shinnick Posted 16 Feb 2011 , 3:42am
post #4 of 6

thank you... I was thinking vanilla with the lavender too....if these cakes are yummy, i surely will share!!

Jennifer353 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Jennifer353 Posted 16 Feb 2011 , 11:09am
post #5 of 6

I have used rose water for dessert mixed with pommegranate seeds and a little sugar which was really nice so you could try something with pommegranate for the rose.

I was looking at my whoopie pie cook book the other evening and there was a recipe with rosewater in it. It was ground pistachios and I think some ground almonds with the rose water in the actual pie and then for sure was kirsh cherry liquour butter cream for the filling (with rose water and sugar for the topping).

Edited to add this link to the whoopie pie recipe I was talking about: http://www.vintage-books.co.uk/blog/bestculinarytrend2010/

cathie_shinnick Posted 17 Feb 2011 , 1:17am
post #6 of 6

Pommagranate sounds interesting....I actually make a lemon rose water cake tonight...it's in the oven now, I cant wait to see how it turns out. Once I taste the cake, I will then decide on a filling/frosting....I was thinking a lightly flavored lemon mousse maybe with candied rose petals...
Hopefully the lavender one tomorrow.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%