Another Help Me Name My Business Thread ;)

Business By ladymd2b Updated 13 Feb 2011 , 1:27am by cabecakes

ladymd2b Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ladymd2b Posted 12 Feb 2011 , 1:58am
post #1 of 4

So my friends and family have been going back and forth on this one since Christmas when I finally decided to get back in the game. I am envisioning a whimsical shop full of topsy turvy, tea-party, over the top ethereal baked goods where little children and grown ups swoon icon_biggrin.gif .... specialty gifts, extravagant cakes, tasty chocolates - the works. Rich fabrics, bold colors, princesses and fairies ....

we have gone over soooo many options. We have 3 boys and one precious little girl Sage who just turned three. We toyed with three frogs and a princess themes ... enchanted themes .... but just couldnt settle on something that spoke to us ....

for now we are running with Sage's Sweets ... but I really want a family legacy for my kids ... i have several family members ready to partner with me once I am ready into a full fledged party planning/catering etc business and one of them is really pushing a more modern feel with a really nice logo in mind .... CCC ... Cakes, Class, and Cuisine ....

any thoughts???

3 replies
letsgetcaking Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
letsgetcaking Posted 12 Feb 2011 , 4:31am
post #2 of 4

I don't have any name ideas for you, but it sounds like your relative may have a different idea of what the shop will be. A modern logo with the words Cakes, Class, and Cuisine sets a completely different view in my mind than what I was getting from your earlier description. I think both concepts are great - they just don't seem to go together.

From your description, my thoughts are: whimsical, bright colors, ornate, over the top, curvy, crazy, fun

From your relative's perspective, I get: modern, sleek, straight lines, more mature colors

Just my two cents...

Dayti Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Dayti Posted 13 Feb 2011 , 1:05am
post #3 of 4

"Wonderland" - could fit your vision, maybe not your relatives though.
"Yellow Brick Bakery/Cakes/Catering/other suitable word" would work too. Just a couple that sprang to mind when you mentioned whimsical, tea party, fairytale etc...

cabecakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cabecakes Posted 13 Feb 2011 , 1:27am
post #4 of 4

On a Whim, Fantastic Whimsy, Whimsical Wonder Cakes and more, Sage's Whimsical Wonderland, Classic Whimsy, Classical Whimsy, Sage's Candyland Dream, Your Last Name's Classic Cuisine and Catering, Classic Fare Catering and Cuisine.

I think you may need to settle this argument with your relative before considering partnering up. What's to say that they wouldn't want to change the name later if you decide on something whimsical now.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%