Cake Templates

Decorating By nicky78 Updated 8 Feb 2011 , 6:25am by gramof5

nicky78 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
nicky78 Posted 8 Feb 2011 , 5:45am
post #1 of 5

a friend has asked me to make her a cake with the playboy bunny on it and i was told i can make a template to put this logo on the cake....but i dont know where to start or what to make the template out of! CAN SOMEONE PLEASE HELP ME AND TELL ME HOW I CAN DO THIS? i cant draw so u can see why this poses a problem..help pls

4 replies
can2d Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
can2d Posted 8 Feb 2011 , 5:54am
post #2 of 5

I normally find a picture i like over the internet print it out and then use it as a templet. I use poster board to trace my templet onto the fondant.

nicky78 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
nicky78 Posted 8 Feb 2011 , 6:05am
post #3 of 5

do u carry it to a copy place to blow it up then i can make the whole cake shaped like a playboy bunny? im not experienced in fondant im still learning a lot of things, i start wilton cake classes on thursday. i was wanting to make a sheet cake and just add it onto the cake

sebrina Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sebrina Posted 8 Feb 2011 , 6:17am
post #4 of 5

I would do a frozen butter cream transfer. They are super easy to do. you can Google it to get complete how-to steps. If you want a template instead, I normally print it out on regular paper then cut it out of wax paper & use it as my template. Then you don't have to worry about ink. HTH!

gramof5 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
gramof5 Posted 8 Feb 2011 , 6:25am
post #5 of 5

I made one by blowing up a picture I found on the internet and using that for a template to carve the cake.. I used a half sheet cake, but I've also done it with a quarter sheet cake. Here's the link: http://cakes.dqd.com/Birthdays_web/images/Playboy%20bunny.jpg

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%