How To Make Mutilple Layers In One Cake?

Decorating By Bucho Updated 8 Feb 2011 , 1:08am by DeezTreatz

Bucho Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Bucho Posted 7 Feb 2011 , 11:11pm
post #1 of 7

I always torte my cakes but I really want to learn how to make 4 layer with icing between each. I'm not sure if this is one cake or many cakes? And how tall is each cake baked?

Any info would be greatly appreciated icon_biggrin.gif

6 replies
leily Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
leily Posted 7 Feb 2011 , 11:14pm
post #2 of 7

i bake two 2" cakes and then level and torte then so my layers are 1-7/8" tall each, i put filling between each layer and once iced they're pretty close to 4" tall.

DeezTreatz Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
DeezTreatz Posted 8 Feb 2011 , 12:07am
post #3 of 7

I made a 4 layer black forest once...
I baked 2 - 8" round cakes - torte each layer - and had filling inbetween each icon_smile.gif

simplysouthern Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
simplysouthern Posted 8 Feb 2011 , 12:17am
post #4 of 7

So I'm confused why you torte if your not filling them and stacking? What are you making exactly just one 2" and then torting that so you have a 2 layer cake with one layer filling??

DeezTreatz Posted 8 Feb 2011 , 12:41am
post #5 of 7

lol icon_wink.gif I am filling and stacking
4 layers of cake - 3 layers of filling icon_smile.gif
I am baking a cake (one mix) in two 2"x8" pans - then torting the two cakes I baked - making it 4 layers.

I'm not baking 4 cakes - just one cake mix - cutting the 2 layers I made in half to make 4 icon_smile.gif

simplysouthern Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
simplysouthern Posted 8 Feb 2011 , 12:50am
post #6 of 7

Deez......Omg we are 2 confused gals!! I was asking OP Hahahaha! I got that you are torte and fill and hello I've seen you're work so yep yep I knew you were on target, I'm just so confused by OP question bc I've never made a cake with one 2" or 3" pan and that be the end ya know! Just confused is all LOL

I shouldn't post on medication hahaha

DeezTreatz Posted 8 Feb 2011 , 1:08am
post #7 of 7

Ohhh - LoL
She does the same I think girl!
2 - 2"deep round cakes (8" in length) lol what kindah meds are you taking icon_wink.gif
i need some icon_razz.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%