Mocha Almond Fudge Cake

Decorating By DinasSugarShack Updated 7 Feb 2011 , 7:58pm by sugarMomma

DinasSugarShack Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
DinasSugarShack Posted 7 Feb 2011 , 2:02am
post #1 of 8

I have to make a cake sturdy enough for carving (I am making purse cake), so I decided to make a pound cake. I want to make it mocha almond fudge.
Does anyone have a good recipe?

thanks

7 replies
sweetmonkeycheese Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweetmonkeycheese Posted 7 Feb 2011 , 5:06pm
post #2 of 8

i dont, but I want one too, so I am gonna watch this. I hope someone or a couple of someones reply!

yummy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
yummy Posted 7 Feb 2011 , 6:29pm
post #3 of 8

That sounds so good! I want it too.

yummy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
yummy Posted 7 Feb 2011 , 6:35pm
post #4 of 8

That sounds so good! I want it too.

amyoungbl00d5 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
amyoungbl00d5 Posted 7 Feb 2011 , 6:41pm
post #5 of 8

I would use a chocolate pound cake, add some almond extract and maybe ground almonds, add some coffee liquier or some espresso, and instead of regular coco, I would substitute dutch process coco (dark). Hope that helps! Good Luck! thumbs_up.gif

DinasSugarShack Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
DinasSugarShack Posted 7 Feb 2011 , 7:30pm
post #6 of 8

Well so far I made two layers of vanilla pound cake and one layer of chocolate pound cake. But how do I make my icing mocha?
I use Sharon Zambito's recipe and she uses creamer (made with the powder disolved in hot water) for the liquid. do you think I can disolve the creamer powder in coffee instead?
I am going to be carving the cake, should I ground the almond so it doesn't get in the way when I am carving?

sweetmonkeycheese Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweetmonkeycheese Posted 7 Feb 2011 , 7:36pm
post #7 of 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by DinasSugarShack

Well so far I made two layers of vanilla pound cake and one layer of chocolate pound cake. But how do I make my icing mocha?
I use Sharon Zambito's recipe and she uses creamer (made with the powder disolved in hot water) for the liquid. do you think I can disolve the creamer powder in coffee instead?
I am going to be carving the cake, should I ground the almond so it doesn't get in the way when I am carving?

I believe alot of ppl use coffee instead of water, I think it will work, never done it myself, but I am sure ppl do it all the time.

I also think grinding the almonds would be good even if you were not carving, I am not a fan of bitting into my cake and bitting a big ole nut! What about almond paste, I see the can in the store but I dont know what to do with it, but I love almond flavor so I always look at the can!

sugarMomma Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sugarMomma Posted 7 Feb 2011 , 7:58pm
post #8 of 8

I made a fabulous mocha icing by adding a small bit of Lorann's Keoke coffee flavoring to my chocolate icing recipe. I bought a small dram bottle and used less than half of it.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%