Sugarshack Buttercream Freezing

Decorating By Charmed Updated 2 Feb 2011 , 7:12pm by dst10spr97

Charmed Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Charmed Posted 1 Feb 2011 , 11:04pm
post #1 of 7

could I freeze sugarshack's buttercream?

6 replies
Sangriacupcake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Sangriacupcake Posted 2 Feb 2011 , 12:18am
post #2 of 7

Yes, you can. But bubbles will develop--either stir briskly or re-beat to help eliminate them. This seems to happen to all my icings when I freeze them.

Charmed Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Charmed Posted 2 Feb 2011 , 3:45am
post #3 of 7

thanks sangriacupcake, how long would it be good to keep in freezer? more than a month?

dst10spr97 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dst10spr97 Posted 2 Feb 2011 , 4:51am
post #4 of 7

This is a crusting buttercream correct? I attempted to make it but it still seems somewhat soft to the touch. Maybe I didn't use enough sugar.

Sangriacupcake Posted 2 Feb 2011 , 2:30pm
post #5 of 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charmed

thanks sangriacupcake, how long would it be good to keep in freezer? more than a month?

I had some frozen for about 6 weeks when I broke my ankle and couldn't bake for a while....the icing was absolutely fine. I'm not sure what the upper limit is.

Sangriacupcake Posted 2 Feb 2011 , 2:35pm
post #6 of 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by dst10spr97

This is a crusting buttercream correct? I attempted to make it but it still seems somewhat soft to the touch. Maybe I didn't use enough sugar.

Yes, it's a crusting BC. It crusts beautifully for me in about 10 minutes, unless it's a really humid summer day. Maybe you added a lot of liquid?

dst10spr97 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dst10spr97 Posted 2 Feb 2011 , 7:12pm
post #7 of 7

I am thinking that may be the case. I am going to try again. I love playing around with Icing recipes.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%