Transporting Alot Of Cupcakes

Baking By momd68 Updated 1 Feb 2011 , 4:04am by Cupcations

momd68 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
momd68 Posted 31 Jan 2011 , 8:24pm
post #1 of 7

I am giving my niece a graduation party in a couple months and making alot of cupcakes for the party. I am ordering cupcake stand to put them on when I get to where we will have it. What can I put them in to transport them with messing them up. I don't know yet exactly how many people she will be inviting but I am anticipating on making at least a 100 or more. Right now I am planning on using BC icing and making little edible graduation caps to put on top unless someone on here has a different and better idea and please feel free to give me your opinion. TIA

6 replies
vlk Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
vlk Posted 31 Jan 2011 , 8:32pm
post #2 of 7

Hi ddmom -

I use the under the bed boxes (snap lids) the go on sale around back to school to time and they will hold up to 50/60 cupcakes. I have found that the closer they are fit together they do not fall over. Also, place the non-slip liner on the bottom and you are good to go down the road!

HTH
Vicki

divinecc Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
divinecc Posted 31 Jan 2011 , 8:43pm
post #3 of 7

I also put the non slip cupboard liners in the bottom of my boxes and they never fall.

imagenthatnj Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
imagenthatnj Posted 31 Jan 2011 , 8:45pm
post #4 of 7

ddmom, read this thread. There were lots of advice on transporting cupcakes here.

http://cakecentral.com/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&p=6962104&sid=c62cfdded751b765371bb4e8cb72ff31

SwtCanuck Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SwtCanuck Posted 31 Jan 2011 , 9:11pm
post #5 of 7

I use the tomato/pepper/strawberry boxes that you can get from Costco or your closest supermarket. They hold about 40 cupcakes and stack together nicely with enough headroom for the decoration.

Kamstor Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kamstor Posted 1 Feb 2011 , 3:21am
post #6 of 7

I went to my local dry cleaners and asked if they had any old wedding dress boxes laying around. They store cupcake air tight and you can get about 60-70 cupcakes per box depending how close you place them. I also use the gripping shelf liner as well. Good Luck

Cupcations Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cupcations Posted 1 Feb 2011 , 4:04am
post #7 of 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamstor

I went to my local dry cleaners and asked if they had any old wedding dress boxes laying around. They store cupcake air tight and you can get about 60-70 cupcakes per box depending how close you place them. I also use the gripping shelf liner as well. Good Luck

I thought the boxes should be FDA approved or somthing(so I heard), I use normal gift boxes from our clothing store but I line everybit of them with wax/parchment paper.... cuz I called the company & they said the boxes are not meant to store food thumbsdown.gif ...its kinda confusing

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%