Need Help? Golf Resort Decorator

Decorating By msspringerville Updated 31 Jan 2011 , 8:58pm by CWR41

msspringerville Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
msspringerville Posted 31 Jan 2011 , 8:00pm
post #1 of 3

I have an offer to be the sole decorator for a golf resort for their weddings? I really want to do it but want to know if there is anything I should know or look into before I make the commitment. I have had my own cake business for 8 months now but really want to grow it and feel like this maybe the way. I % of the cake would go to the resort, I would go out there to do a consultation and tasting and the deliver the cake the day of the wedding. Sounds great right? I have a meeting with the owner next week and want to make sure I know what to ask or what I should know before then. Any suggestions would be great. Thank you.

2 replies
vlk Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
vlk Posted 31 Jan 2011 , 8:48pm
post #2 of 3

Wow - Sounds ..... um... interesting
But I only have one question? who is baking the cake?
you do the consult/tasting and delivery... but who is the middle man?

Okay another question - they get a % because they are strickly giving you all the customers that want a wedding at the golf resort? What if someone comes in with a baker already... then what do you do?

Vicki

CWR41 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CWR41 Posted 31 Jan 2011 , 8:58pm
post #3 of 3

Sole decorator, meaning their employee?
Your own business, meaning storefront that you'd need to leave or home-based? You may be asked to sign a non-compete agreement which wouldn't allow you to grow your own business during this time. You wouldn't need to deliver their wedding cakes if you're allowed to make it in the kitchen of the resort.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%