I Need To Find A Gluetin Free Cake Recipe. Help!!!

Baking By Twilmore Updated 29 Jan 2011 , 9:43pm by videominx

Twilmore Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Twilmore Posted 29 Jan 2011 , 3:52pm
post #1 of 8

I need a good gluetin cake. Any flavor. Does anyone have any suggestions???

7 replies
weirkd Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
weirkd Posted 29 Jan 2011 , 4:11pm
post #2 of 8

You can buy Duncan Hines Gluten Free or if you go to the organic section of the store they have other brands. Then you can basically use the WASC recipe to doctor it. Just make sure that you use only shortening or cooking spray on your pans. If you use Bakers Joy or anything like that, it contains flour!! If you want a scratch recipe there is some on here at the recipe section. Or if you google gluten free cake, you can get some really good sites dedicated to people that have the disease that are allergic to gluten. They give you tons of different recipes and suggestions!

Occther Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Occther Posted 29 Jan 2011 , 4:32pm
post #3 of 8

My sister prefers gluten free. She loves gluten free carrot cake.

vmertsock Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
vmertsock Posted 29 Jan 2011 , 4:40pm
post #4 of 8

I use my regular cake recipe with gf flour and some xantham gum added in. Works much better for me and I can tweak it easier since I know what the taste and texture are supposed to be like. King Arthur has a very easy to work with GF fLour

gramof5 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
gramof5 Posted 29 Jan 2011 , 5:12pm
post #5 of 8

Betty Crocker makes a gluten-free cake mix in yellow and chocolate. Each box will make one 8" layer. Namaste makes a terrific cake mix, which comes in vanilla, chocolate or spice. n addition, there are several other gluten-free brands. IAny of these can be doctored.

There is a yummy recipe for booze cake with a gluten-free mix that you can find on all recipes dot com. Also, The Cake Mix Doctor has come out with a gluten-free cake book.

Ruth0209 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Ruth0209 Posted 29 Jan 2011 , 9:05pm
post #6 of 8

I've tried a couple of mixes and thought they were ghastly. It's not hard to make gluten-free cakes from scratch. Here's a recipe that actually tastes good.

http://www.associatedcontent.com/article/1799964/glutenfree_recipes_white_cake.html

Don't screw around with the ingredients. You need to use what it calls for or it won't be good.

gbbaker Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
gbbaker Posted 29 Jan 2011 , 9:25pm
post #7 of 8

Bob's redmill recipes has some good recipes, also Betty Hagman's cookbooks

are fabulous.

videominx Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
videominx Posted 29 Jan 2011 , 9:43pm
post #8 of 8

King Arthur Flour makes the best GF chocolate cake mix, Pamela's a close second. For vanilla cake, Bob's Red Mill.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%