Chocolate Transfers

Decorating By crazycakeamateur Updated 1 Feb 2011 , 7:39pm by MarlaQuack

crazycakeamateur Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
crazycakeamateur Posted 29 Jan 2011 , 5:12am
post #1 of 9

Have heard about the FBCT and the chocolate ones. Thinking I will try the chocolate one because I heard it is easier. I haven't heard however, what the mixture is that u use for it. Can someone please tell me...is it just melted white chocolate chips that you use food coloring to tint? Would appreciate any tips I could get on this. Thanks in advance.

8 replies
icer101 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
icer101 Posted 29 Jan 2011 , 6:01am
post #2 of 9

Is this what you need? sharon zambit has a great tutorial on this in her sheet cake dvd's. love them!!!

http://home-and-garden.webshots.com/album/111071540UEhrpE

MarlaQuack Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MarlaQuack Posted 29 Jan 2011 , 10:45pm
post #3 of 9
crazycakeamateur Posted 1 Feb 2011 , 5:24pm
post #4 of 9

Thank you so much. I had seen the first one before but was disappointed that she didn't say what kind of chocolate to use. The second one looks like they are using the bakers chocolate squares? That is what I needed to know...what kind of chocolate to use. Going to attempt this soon. Thanks agan.

TexasSugar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TexasSugar Posted 1 Feb 2011 , 5:29pm
post #5 of 9

If I was to do it, I'd probably use candy melts.

MarlaQuack Posted 1 Feb 2011 , 5:58pm
post #6 of 9

I used candy melts.
Here is a link to the pictures I made. First I started with a paint brush than I switched to some snack sized zip bags.
http://picasaweb.google.com/marlaquack/UntitledAlbum#

verosuperstar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
verosuperstar Posted 1 Feb 2011 , 7:21pm
post #7 of 9

Wow, this is great I will try it. For FBCT do you use the same technique just using BC?

crazycakeamateur Posted 1 Feb 2011 , 7:22pm
post #8 of 9

thank you again. I am completely new to this so sorry to ask such silly questions. Where would I find the candy melts and then do you just color them with gel food coloring?

MarlaQuack Posted 1 Feb 2011 , 7:39pm
post #9 of 9

Candy melts are also called candy coating or chocolate coating. Sometimes you can find it in the grocery store especially around christmas time. It can be found in cake stores or craft stores like Michaels or Hobby Lobby. You can not use gel colors unless you first color something like coco butter than stir that in. You can buy candy melts in many colors look at wilton.com

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%