Cake Decorating Classes

Decorating By cuteascake Updated 29 Jan 2011 , 2:48pm by Sweetwise

cuteascake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cuteascake Posted 28 Jan 2011 , 2:09pm
post #1 of 8

Does anyone know of a good school that offers a weeks training for fondant, gumpaste molding, and scuplting. I live in FL but am willing to travel if its the right school. Any suggestions would help icon_smile.gif

7 replies
pattigunter Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pattigunter Posted 28 Jan 2011 , 2:33pm
post #2 of 8

Check into the Wilton School in Chicago. I took a 2 day class there and loved it. Met people from all over the US and one lady from Puerto Rico. They arent as pricy as some of the specialized classes that you can get elsewhere too. If you arent interested in that Nicholas Lodge has a school in Atlanta where he offers classes.

cuteascake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cuteascake Posted 28 Jan 2011 , 2:44pm
post #3 of 8

I looked at Wiltons classes and wasnt sure about it because the one I was interested in was for 2 weeks. Which class did you take?

pattigunter Posted 29 Jan 2011 , 12:42pm
post #4 of 8

Its been a while but I took one on roses and one of piping. I was there for 2 days with my sister. The instructor was great and the classroom was set up to where everyone had their own mixer and nice size work station. But I liked it most of all for the price. If you can swing the trip to Chicago just take all the courses you can fit into the time schedule you have. They have it worked out to where you might have one from 8-12 and another from 1-4.

pattigunter Posted 29 Jan 2011 , 12:45pm
post #5 of 8

Its been a while but I took one on roses and one of piping. I was there for 2 days with my sister. The instructor was great and the classroom was set up to where everyone had their own mixer and nice size work station. But I liked it most of all for the price. If you can swing the trip to Chicago just take all the courses you can fit into the time schedule you have. They have it worked out to where you might have one from 8-12 and another from 1-4.

missydavis1976 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
missydavis1976 Posted 29 Jan 2011 , 2:12pm
post #6 of 8

I go to the Notter School of Pastry Art, and they offer professional classes, though I don't know if they are a week or two weeks. May not be what you're looking for, but it's worth a look at their website. icon_wink.gif Otherwise, I know a lady in Ocala who offers classes and may be able to do what you're looking for. Her name is Josie and she can be reached at [email protected]. (I hope we're allowed to post email addresses, not sure.)

heatherhasstyle Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
heatherhasstyle Posted 29 Jan 2011 , 2:19pm
post #7 of 8

Sweetwise in Nashville, TN offers classes and private lessons. Might be a closer alternative...though the Wilton School in IL is wonderful too.

Their website is: www.sweetwise.com

Sweetwise Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Sweetwise Posted 29 Jan 2011 , 2:48pm
post #8 of 8

We also happen to be hosting Kaysie Lackie (2 time FN winner and appeared in and on the cover of the Inked issue of Cake Central magazine) in March. One class filled up in about 24 hours, so we opened another session. Announcing it by email today, but there are already only 11 spots left in the second session. We plan on having many more of these type celebrity classes this year,and mostly announce them by our email list. This class is her "Balance Cake" class, so there is sculpting, gumpaste, painting, and mega-structure. Its a 3 day class with most supplies included.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%