Gelatine Sequins

Decorating By Leonie Updated 27 Jan 2011 , 11:10pm by Evoir

Leonie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Leonie Posted 27 Jan 2011 , 10:18pm
post #1 of 4

Can anyone help me with how to make gelatine sequins please? Im particularly interested in how to make perfectly round and even sequins as opposed to 'water' drops which are more peaked.

3 replies
Sorelle Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Sorelle Posted 27 Jan 2011 , 10:39pm
post #2 of 4

I was wondering what to do with a couple extra gelatin sheets left from my last project. After reading you post I went in and made a little pile of "sequins" by using a hole puncher. If you need several hundred you may want some help. Now that I have a pile of sequins Im gonna make a cakeicon_smile.gif Thanks for the great idea!

sweetflowers Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweetflowers Posted 27 Jan 2011 , 10:52pm
post #3 of 4

Just spread the gelatin mixture onto a acetate sheet (like the sheet protectors for scrapbooking or note books or acetate from the cake store).

you can use the regular hole punches from the office supply, or scrap booking store. I use all the different shapes they use for the scrap books. You can use the decorative scissors too to cut it. I think there should be information in the sticky thread in the 'How Do I' forum at the top.

Evoir Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Evoir Posted 27 Jan 2011 , 11:10pm
post #4 of 4

Are people meant to eat these on a cake? Yes, they are edible, but everything I have made using dried gelatine hasn't been exactly palatable.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%