For All Of You Who Freezes Batter, Do You Also ...

Decorating By yummy Updated 21 Jan 2011 , 10:52pm by leily

yummy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
yummy Posted 21 Jan 2011 , 12:53am
post #1 of 6

I freeze my batter too but was wondering if anyone freezes the baked cakes/cupcakes also? Is it necessary; would it be too moist; please share your experience?

5 replies
catlharper Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
catlharper Posted 21 Jan 2011 , 6:39am
post #2 of 6

I would never freeze my batter but I do freeze all of my cakes. I have frozen cupcakes before but wasn't as happy with the results due to the moisture effecting the paper wraps. I've never even heard of freezing batter before...interested in why?
thanx!
Cat

FromScratchSF Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
FromScratchSF Posted 21 Jan 2011 , 7:00am
post #3 of 6

I've never frozen batter, but I have froze cupcakes, I double wrap in plastic, wrap in foil, then put in freezer bag. Prolly overkill cuz they never last in my freezer for more then a few days. Then I yell at my husband to not stand staring at the contents of the freezer like a lost puppy and close the door, it will build up condensation on the cake. I never have problems with my wrapers coming off.

I just did another test, I froze a decorated cupcake. Only overnight and unwrapped just to see what would happen. I took it out of the freezer, let it get back to room temp and it tasted fresh. Not that I'd do this regularly but it's good to know that I can.

yummy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
yummy Posted 21 Jan 2011 , 9:48pm
post #4 of 6

Bringing this back to page one.

solascakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
solascakes Posted 21 Jan 2011 , 10:12pm
post #5 of 6

I have frozen batter before,when i baked it it wasnt as nice ,so i'll never do it again. It was too dense in the middle, almost like it refused to cook,it wasn't fluffy in the middle at all.

leily Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
leily Posted 21 Jan 2011 , 10:52pm
post #6 of 6

i dont' freeze batter, but i ALWAYS freeze baked cakes. (and extra cupcakes if i have them) i always freeze cakes even if it's only for a few hours, it makes them more moist.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%