On The Road To My Business!

Business By Amylou Updated 22 Jan 2011 , 2:25am by JulieMN

Amylou Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Amylou Posted 20 Jan 2011 , 4:28am
post #1 of 6

So I've been doing hobby cakes for 6+ years, taught Wilton classes for awhile...and starting up a biz on the side has been on my mind for years. I've been talking with agencies about building a separate kitchen. The opportunity came up to take an Intro to Business class at a local college, so I enrolled and registered and completed my first class tonite!

I know a lot about the cake side, but not a whole lot of the business side and I don't want to go in blind. Well that's gonna change now! Our class project is a business plan, so I'm really excited to develop one to use for real life purposes!

Just had to share!

5 replies
evie114 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
evie114 Posted 20 Jan 2011 , 4:42am
post #2 of 6

Good for you! Keep us posted on your progress......give all of us "dreamers" something to hope for!

heyjules Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
heyjules Posted 20 Jan 2011 , 5:08am
post #3 of 6

Way to go! Bet that feels awesome!

scp1127 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
scp1127 Posted 20 Jan 2011 , 6:26am
post #4 of 6

Next classes accounting 101, macro and micro economics, and money and banking. With this knowledge, you can make more informed decisions and most of all, be better prepared when problems come along. With a few more accounting classes, you won't have to rely so heavily on an accountant.

cheatize Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cheatize Posted 21 Jan 2011 , 12:55am
post #5 of 6

I used my business plan for the marketing plan, the public relations plan, the project management plan, and on and on and on. Even though they were all group projects, it was easy enough to convince my team members to go with a bakery for the business. icon_smile.gif

JulieMN Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JulieMN Posted 22 Jan 2011 , 2:25am
post #6 of 6

Good for you! It is good to "know" both sides of things......

Happy learning! icon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%