Help Confused Mama Wants Baby Shower Cake

Decorating By pebblez87 Updated 19 Jan 2011 , 2:45am by KateLS

pebblez87 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pebblez87 Posted 18 Jan 2011 , 10:33pm
post #1 of 7

Well its for a friend i love her dearly she is just all over the board she hasnt picked one that she loves she was more open to ideas. She picked 4 tiers because she wanted different flavors she knows she wants light pink and lavender and she loves the idea of hand and foot prints. BUt she also likes zebra monkeys teddy bears and the babies from precious moments.... and so I got her to limit it to the colors pink and purple just foot prints and teddy bears when she realized all that other stuff was not blending. Well now im just not sure how i invision it now the cake is mixed shapes 12 in round 10 in square with a space plate i already have stuff in the gap and the top is a 8 in round with 6 in square. I have problems I think because i love things to mesh well i hate to look like baby theme just puked all over my cake with every cliche baby item so any ideas how to make my items blend? Sorry for the long post

6 replies
MikeRowesHunny Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MikeRowesHunny Posted 18 Jan 2011 , 10:43pm
post #2 of 7

I don't know, but your squares will not fit on your rounds properly, you need at least a 3in difference, 4 is better.

pebblez87 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pebblez87 Posted 19 Jan 2011 , 12:39am
post #3 of 7

ive done it before with my own baby shower cake but thanks for the advice

Bskinne Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Bskinne Posted 19 Jan 2011 , 1:48am
post #4 of 7

Uh, I have to agree with the other poster, it's just a simple fact you will have layers hanging over with your planned setup....

KateLS Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KateLS Posted 19 Jan 2011 , 2:22am
post #5 of 7

=) If you look at her pictures, you'll see it does hang off the sides, but it's real cute, I think. =)

VaBelle Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
VaBelle Posted 19 Jan 2011 , 2:25am
post #6 of 7

What about making the zebra and monkeys like stuffed animals so they'll blend with the teddy bear? They can be part of the topper with them surrounding a Precious Moments baby. The handprints can be on alternating tiers. Keep the rest clean and simple. I think it will pull together nicely. Can't wait to see your photos of it! Good luck!

KateLS Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KateLS Posted 19 Jan 2011 , 2:45am
post #7 of 7

I know you said you have stuff already for the gap in between, but...

... what if you have two teddy bears in the gap holding a blanket up in between them with a set of footprints on it. And then have a teddy bear up on top sitting snuggled up with a blanket or laying down asleep under one. And maybe, along the side or top of the tier with the two bears, it can read, "Where will these little feet take you?" Or "What feats these little feet will accomplish!" or "No little feat for this mom." or "Little feet lead to great feats."

HTH!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%