Shoe/bag Mold For Cupcake Toppers

Baking By Dayti Updated 28 Jan 2011 , 1:24pm by cylstrial

Dayti Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Dayti Posted 15 Jan 2011 , 5:39pm
post #1 of 19

Hi, just wondering if anyone can recommend a stiletto shoe mold and a bag mold suitably sized for putting on cupcakes? Preferably silicone or some other material that is easy to unmold! Thanks

18 replies
infinitsky Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
infinitsky Posted 20 Jan 2011 , 3:53pm
post #2 of 19

How about "Fashion Shoe Mold by FPC Sugar - craft" they come in 3 different styles . For handbags FPC has "Handbag Mold by FPC Sugar - craft" in 2 different styles.

You can purchase those from global - sugar - art - .com

HTH

Dayti Posted 21 Jan 2011 , 6:21pm
post #3 of 19

Thankyou, I had forgotten about this post. I actually found these which is probably what I will go with - I have other molds from this company and they are super.
http://www.cakecraftworld.co.uk/viewproddetails.asp?pc=DIAHAN

cylstrial Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cylstrial Posted 22 Jan 2011 , 8:27pm
post #4 of 19

Those are all really cute molds. I especiallly like the shoe mold that Dayti picked out. I wonder if someone in the US sells that mold?

Dayti Posted 22 Jan 2011 , 10:22pm
post #5 of 19

The people at CakeCraftWorld ship worldwide and have great customer service, I have used them before. They sell great cupcake cases, greaseproof ones.
As for the mold, I have 2 orchid molds by this company Diamond Paste and they are so easy to use it's unreal. The material is softer than silicone and really easy to unmold, and no greasing or dusting is required before you put your medium in.

infinitsky Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
infinitsky Posted 22 Jan 2011 , 10:31pm
post #6 of 19

That is good information, thanks for letting us know about those molds! icon_smile.gif

cylstrial Posted 23 Jan 2011 , 1:32pm
post #7 of 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dayti

The people at CakeCraftWorld ship worldwide and have great customer service, I have used them before. They sell great cupcake cases, greaseproof ones.
As for the mold, I have 2 orchid molds by this company Diamond Paste and they are so easy to use it's unreal. The material is softer than silicone and really easy to unmold, and no greasing or dusting is required before you put your medium in.

I might just order that mold then because it is so cute. It looks like a 3D shoe mold. Is that right?

Dayti Posted 24 Jan 2011 , 12:01am
post #8 of 19

Not sure if it's 3D because I think that would mean the shoes would have to stand up by themselves...so I would say they are 2D - they will lay flat on the cupcake but have lots of detail and shape. But it doesn't look like they would stand up on the soles/heels.

cylstrial Posted 24 Jan 2011 , 1:55pm
post #9 of 19

Thanks! That's what I was wondering, because the picture of them kind of looks like they are 3D and can stand by themselves. And that's what I'm really wanting. I'll post a picture of what I saw and why I'm looking for shoe molds in just a second.

cylstrial Posted 24 Jan 2011 , 1:57pm
post #10 of 19

Here's the cake and cupcakes that a lady posted a few days ago. Her little shoes are awesome! She says who created the cutters, but when I went to find them on the internet, all I could find was the actual cutter itself. It didn't appear to have the heel part or the front of shoe that goes over the toes. So I was hoping to find a mold that does the entire thing.

http://cakecentral.com/gallery/1917805

Dayti Posted 24 Jan 2011 , 2:58pm
post #11 of 19

Wow, those little shoes are fabulous! But if you really do have to cut all the little pieces out separately and then stick them together it would take forever, surely??
I just found these pictures from this very talented lady, AbbieTabbie, on her flickr stream, she uses those cutters from Frances McNaughton.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/abbietabbie/tags/shoes/
I wouldn't have the patience!!!

chilz822 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
chilz822 Posted 25 Jan 2011 , 4:06am
post #12 of 19

I almost bought this one the other day from Country Kitchen:
http://www.countrykitchensa.com/catalog/product.aspx?productId=636819

icer101 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
icer101 Posted 25 Jan 2011 , 4:31am
post #13 of 19

Cylestrial, what is the name of the site , to look for these cutters? Iwent there , but forgot to save it. thanks

cylstrial Posted 25 Jan 2011 , 1:51pm
post #14 of 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by chilz822

I almost bought this one the other day from Country Kitchen:
http://www.countrykitchensa.com/catalog/product.aspx?productId=636819

I like those a lot!! I think I might end up getting those!

cylstrial Posted 25 Jan 2011 , 1:53pm
post #15 of 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by icer101

Cylestrial, what is the name of the site , to look for these cutters? Iwent there , but forgot to save it. thanks

Are you talking about Global Sugar Art? They sell the cutters for the soles of the shoe - in 3 different sizes. But it looks to me like you have to create the top of the shoes and the back of them.

Faeriefrankie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Faeriefrankie Posted 27 Jan 2011 , 4:16pm
post #16 of 19

Here's a video of how to make the tiny shoes;

or look up

Franklysweet high heels gold bow.wmv on youtube if you don't like using links.

Hope it helps.
icon_smile.gif

chilz822 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
chilz822 Posted 27 Jan 2011 , 5:35pm
post #17 of 19

OK, that video has GOT to be the best kept secret on you tube! lol
The heel creation alone fascinated me! icon_smile.gif

Thanks so much... how I NEED those cutters!

Dayti Posted 28 Jan 2011 , 12:00am
post #18 of 19

Very, very cute, at least we all know how to make the shoe/heel now, I just couldn't work it out from the shape of the cutters in the set, and was wondering what on earth the square and circle were in the pack for!
However, doing more than 2 of these in one sitting would kill me. I am definitely going for the diamond paste mold, I already ordered it icon_biggrin.gif Have to do a bunch for a wedding.

cylstrial Posted 28 Jan 2011 , 1:24pm
post #19 of 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by Faeriefrankie

Here's a video of how to make the tiny shoes;

or look up

Franklysweet high heels gold bow.wmv on youtube if you don't like using links.

Hope it helps.
icon_smile.gif

Awesome! Thanks!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%