Patchwork Cutters

Decorating By sunsational Updated 14 Jan 2011 , 8:16pm by icer101

sunsational Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sunsational Posted 14 Jan 2011 , 7:40pm
post #1 of 5

I just saw these in store and I saw pictures and they are amazing the end results but did not have any directions, how do these work? Anyone use them?

4 replies
Kiddiekakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kiddiekakes Posted 14 Jan 2011 , 7:43pm
post #2 of 5

There is a series of books that goes with every set of cutter released ....You have to purchase the books to see how they are used etc..Or you can just do it yourself.The books are from the UK.Depends on the cutters you want..you may have to pucrhase multiple books or figure out hpw to do it without..cheaper...

Rosiepan Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Rosiepan Posted 14 Jan 2011 , 8:06pm
post #3 of 5

I have got quite a few cutters and never brought a book. All cutters come with the recipe for mexican paste and instructions. You can use flower/gumpaste as well. I have even used fondant tylose mix. The best results come from mexican paste. The art to these is to lghtly grease or dust with icing sugar before use .I wait for a little while before using them so the paste isn't too soft. Be careful not to wait too long as you will not be able to work with it either.
Look on the website as they give examples of how they can be used.

visionsofprisms Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
visionsofprisms Posted 14 Jan 2011 , 8:12pm
post #4 of 5

I used the patchwork cutters before, and just used them on plain fondant with no problem. I did my cake with the baby blanket around the cake and lil baby boy wrapped in a blanket with them.

Maybe they are diffent cutters tho.

icer101 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
icer101 Posted 14 Jan 2011 , 8:16pm
post #5 of 5

I think Alan at gsa has a how to section on the site. I could be wrong. Nick Lodge has a great dvd about these cutters also. I enjoyed that dvd very much.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%