Cupcake Shipping Ideas

Baking By shugabelle Updated 16 Jan 2011 , 5:40pm by shugabelle

shugabelle Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
shugabelle Posted 14 Jan 2011 , 3:25am
post #1 of 9

I'm looking into starting a mail order cupcake shipping business and need some ideas on shipping containers that are cost effective but unique-like the "cupcakes in a jar concept". Any Ideas??!!

8 replies
cylstrial Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cylstrial Posted 14 Jan 2011 , 7:58pm
post #2 of 9

I never ship cupcakes because I'm terrified that they will get squished or that the frosting will get ruined. I would say you're going to have to spend some money to be able do that, which in turn will have to get passed off to your customer.

Good luck coming up with a solution. I think it's a great idea!

pinkpiggie78 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pinkpiggie78 Posted 14 Jan 2011 , 8:29pm
post #3 of 9

I ordered Georgetown cupcakes once, and I can tell you how they package them. First they put all the cupcakes in a clamshell container. Then they put a lollipop stick that is the height of each cavity in each cupcake. They put this in the insulated bubble wrap with a freezer pack and then put all of that in a heavy duty cardboard box.

I believe shipping was $29.00 for overnight with all that packaging.

HTH

ponderiffic Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ponderiffic Posted 14 Jan 2011 , 8:37pm
post #4 of 9

I binged cupcake in a jar to find some more info on shipping and ran across this bakery who is shipping

http://yummycupcakes.com/Treats_Gifts.htm

HTH

shugabelle Posted 16 Jan 2011 , 4:04am
post #5 of 9

Thank guys these ideas helped alot. Basically I need to rethink my plan!

scp1127 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
scp1127 Posted 16 Jan 2011 , 4:41am
post #6 of 9

You can do what I do. I put the uniced cupcakes on cardboard and put them through the food saver process, but stop before they start to smash. Then put the icing in a pastry bag and seal. Mark the bag where to cut so that they can ice their own cupcakes. Put instructions on how to swirl in the box.

zespri Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
zespri Posted 16 Jan 2011 , 5:20am
post #7 of 9

that sounds very clever!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinkpiggie78

I ordered Georgetown cupcakes once, and I can tell you how they package them. First they put all the cupcakes in a clamshell container. Then they put a lollipop stick that is the height of each cavity in each cupcake. They put this in the insulated bubble wrap with a freezer pack and then put all of that in a heavy duty cardboard box.

I believe shipping was $29.00 for overnight with all that packaging.

HTH

sugarandstuff Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sugarandstuff Posted 16 Jan 2011 , 5:49am
post #8 of 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by ponderiffic

I binged cupcake in a jar to find some more info on shipping and ran across this bakery who is shipping

http://yummycupcakes.com/Treats_Gifts.htm

HTH

what the what?? Cupcakes on a stick? They look awesome icon_eek.gif

shugabelle Posted 16 Jan 2011 , 5:40pm
post #9 of 9

so would it be better to freeze the cupcakes and then ship them priority(2-3 days)? or bake fresh and charge $29 (WOW!) for overnight shipping?

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%