Mini Cupcake Pricing

Baking By Newatdecorating Updated 14 Jan 2011 , 3:11am by Kitagrl

Newatdecorating Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Newatdecorating Posted 13 Jan 2011 , 10:09pm
post #1 of 7

Do any of you offer the mini cupcakes? If so, what price do you charge for them?

6 replies
debster Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
debster Posted 13 Jan 2011 , 10:45pm
post #2 of 7

I do for .50 each. I charge 1.00 for a regular 1.50 for designed ones. I charge 2.00 for the jumbos, but I'm in Ohio and money is tight here!!!

playingwithsugar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
playingwithsugar Posted 13 Jan 2011 , 10:55pm
post #3 of 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by debster

I'm in Ohio and money is tight here!!!

No offense, but yes, money is very tight there in Ohio. I see articles about industries closing down there all the time. Ohio used to be the tire capital of the world, with 3 manufacturers that I can think of that used to produce tires there. I think they're all gone now, except for the corporate offices, aren't they? And wasn't Cleveland a great shipping port and industrial town a generation ago? All that industry was transferred to other countries, wasn't it?

My heart goes out to all those towns across this great country of ours, that has lost their industries to cheap labor in other countries. I live in one of those towns. There's no decent work here, anymore, either.

Theresa icon_smile.gif

debster Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
debster Posted 13 Jan 2011 , 11:15pm
post #4 of 7

I know my husband has worked at the steel mill for almost 40 years and was laid off for the past two years , JUST went back. The Ford by my house closed and MANY small industries. It's kinda scary here. I'm thankful to get what I get. Most of my people come from the Cleveland area a 20 min drive for them saves much money .

cakedaddycakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakedaddycakes Posted 13 Jan 2011 , 11:16pm
post #5 of 7

Finally someone who is reasonably pricing cupcakes. After making and delivering at no cost thousands of cupcakes I cannot get over the price that is charged by these shops in our area. We are in Pensacola Florida and these cupcake shops are popping up like law offices. Charging 2.75 for a "mini" cupcake which means its approximately a 1.5" base, I guess a standard. I have always said , "it takes some talent to make a great tasting cupcake but even more talent to charge almost 3.00 for each one" . When you can buy a great tasting box of fresh doughnuts for $6.00 that we baked right in front of you. Most of these shops here bake in the morning and they sit all day in a case. So kudos to you for pricing fair. There is no justification for outlandish pricing for something so simple.

bellaudreycakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bellaudreycakes Posted 14 Jan 2011 , 2:38am
post #6 of 7

I also live in ohio and charge .50 for minis and 1.00 for standard. However its kinda funny cause alot of my customers are like really thats it? You need to charge more. And I'm thinking really? Are you telling me to take more money from you? lol. But I couldnt imagine charging more than that specially in my small town icon_biggrin.gif

Kitagrl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kitagrl Posted 14 Jan 2011 , 3:11am
post #7 of 7

I don't offer them because I feel like they get stale too fast...

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%