Does Anyone Use And Incubator Kitchen In Los Angeles?

Business By silverdragon997 Updated 20 Jan 2011 , 5:51am by KitchenConvert

silverdragon997 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
silverdragon997 Posted 13 Jan 2011 , 7:08pm
post #1 of 3

I'm trying to decide which commercial kitchen place to rent space from. Do you use one of the incubator kitchen places in LA somewhere?

So far, the ones I've found are Chef's Kitchen in Culver City, Chef Center of California in Pasadena, and JamWest Foods in Santa Clarita.

All of them are at least a 20 minute drive for me (I live near Burbank), so I'm just wondering if anyone has any experiences with any of these places and can give me some insight. So far, I'm leaning toward the one in Pasadena, because they have a lower deposit. They all seem about the same on hourly rates, $25-$30 an hour, $20 an hour if I get to the point that I use the kitchen a lot.

Thanks for any insight!

P.S. - I've already done research on church kitchens and lodge type places, to no avail.

2 replies
SandraDoll Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SandraDoll Posted 14 Jan 2011 , 12:17am
post #2 of 3

Well I am not a pro baker so I definitely haven't used them for their incubator kitchen, so this is fairly useless icon_wink.gif But JamWest is my favourite place to eat icon_wink.gif

KitchenConvert Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KitchenConvert Posted 20 Jan 2011 , 5:51am
post #3 of 3

Hi Silverdragon,

I used Chef's Center in Pasadena when they first started up--feel free to PM me if you want some details! I'm not sure if everything is still the same as it was but I can tell you the basics. Thanks!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%