Scared To Try Something Different...cake Mixes, Wasc, Extend

Baking By cakes4ck Updated 13 Jan 2011 , 4:07am by cakesrock

cakes4ck Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakes4ck Posted 13 Jan 2011 , 3:52am
post #1 of 2

Ok. I have been baking and decorating cakes for 6 years now, mostly for family. More recently, I have been doing some cakes for other people. Anyhow, I have tweaked my buttercream to what I like. I still want to try some Swiss buttercreams sometime though. But, my real dilemma is trying a new cake mix, WASC, or extender recipe. I have had good luck with Pillsbury cake mixes. I always get good compliments from those that eat my cakes. I want to try out the WASC recipe or an extender recipe, but afraid I or my customers won't like it. Pillsbury is a dense, heavy cake which I like. I have never been a fan of BC or DH. I know many use DH. So, for me stepping out on the limb, what should I go with? I live in IL as far as humidity and altitude are concerned.
There are other decorators near me that I think have aweful cakes. I don't want to be compared to them.

1 reply
cakesrock Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakesrock Posted 13 Jan 2011 , 4:07am
post #2 of 2

I have never met anyone that doesn't like WASC, though it is sweet. The Amazing choc WASC is excellent too...I try to cut the sugar back a little in the original WASC and use ganache instead of BC with the choc. I use DH or BC cake mixes and love them both... The confetti cakes chocolate cake is also wonderful. I say, "step out" and have some fun!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%