Cup Cake Bar

Baking By Teecakesandcookies Updated 18 Jan 2011 , 4:17am by Teecakesandcookies

Teecakesandcookies Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Teecakesandcookies Posted 10 Jan 2011 , 8:53pm
post #1 of 5

Does anyone have any ideas for a cupcake bar for a 3 year olds birthday party this be for my neice. Thanks in advance for any help you guys can give thumbs_up.gif

4 replies
MrsL Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MrsL Posted 11 Jan 2011 , 7:08pm
post #2 of 5

Do you want advice for flavors? Or decorations? I would do a nice unique flavor, like smores or pink lemonade. When making cakes for a group I try to make a simple flavor like chocolate or vanilla that way most people like it. But if you are going to do at least a couple different flavors, why not make a creative one? : )

PennieK Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
PennieK Posted 11 Jan 2011 , 7:23pm
post #3 of 5

My daughter had a Alice in Wonderland theme for her last birthday and I made a different cupcake for each character.

Mad Hatter-peanut buttercup
Red Queen- red velvet
White Queen- white velvet
Whit Rabbit- carrot
March Hare- carrot with nuts
Cheshire cat- invisible watermelon
Alice- lemon
Pink flamingo- strawberry
Tweddle dee and dum- cookies and cream
Jabberwockey- chocolate

For decorations I did chocolate transfers of teapots, hearts , and little circles that said Eat Me.

You could do something similar for any theme.

TattooMom25 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TattooMom25 Posted 11 Jan 2011 , 7:28pm
post #4 of 5

I did this for a 3 year olds party I hosted here at my home. I made chocolate and vanilla (these are kids) and pre-iced them all (seemed to me I would have a mess on my hands with them icing or me trying to ice them all while the kids waited). I sat out a HUGE assortment of cookies, sugars, sprinkles, and such for them to decorate the cupcakes (all purchased at the dollar store). Then each child got a single cupcake holder to take their treat home in. We had another cake to eat that's why they went home with the kids, but you just as easily have them eat it there. I would advise to remember they are 3 not 10. You dont need a giant varity of toppings and one cake flavor would be plenty. Also be prepared for major cleanup, we did this outside and I was so thankful we did. Had ants on the deck for weeks, 3 year olds are greedy and messy icon_biggrin.gif

Teecakesandcookies Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Teecakesandcookies Posted 18 Jan 2011 , 4:17am
post #5 of 5

Thanks everyone for the reply Birthday express has a party theme call bakers bash with cupcakes I'm going to take something from each of you I think letting them take everything home and work on it would be a great idea!!! thumbs_up.gif that will be a nice party favor.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%