Reality Show Cupcake Ideas

Decorating By mrsmudrash Updated 11 Jan 2011 , 4:40pm by simplysouthern

mrsmudrash Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mrsmudrash Posted 9 Jan 2011 , 5:00am
post #1 of 8

I'm doing some cupcakes for my husband's school auction in February. The theme is "So you think you can bid" and it's all going to be based on various TV reality shows. This is a high profile type event where LOTS of money is spent, so I need to create something really nice!! I only have to do 24 cupcakes as one table will be bidding on them and eating them there at the event. I can make these cupcakes based on any reality show and I was thinking "Deal or No Deal"...

I would create a box with a number for each cupcake and position them on a little stage. I wanted the cupcakes to be set on legs (like the models - so the cupcakes look like their dress), but can't figure out how to "quickly" make 26 legs...that will look nice and hold up a cupcake. Any ideas? Also, I could put the legs sticking out of the top of the cupcakes too, but again, how do I make them look nice!!???? I'm wondering about creating a mold, but don't know how to do a mold of legs in one piece??

Also, if you have any other ideas (instead of Deal or No Deal) for a theme for these cupcakes, I'd LOVE to know! I'm drawing a blank!!!!

Thanks for the help!! icon_smile.gif

7 replies
playingwithsugar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
playingwithsugar Posted 9 Jan 2011 , 5:55am
post #2 of 8

I thought that was a game show.

I would pick the amazing race, and make little figures to depict the places they stopped at along the way.

Theresa icon_smile.gif

johnson6ofus Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
johnson6ofus Posted 9 Jan 2011 , 6:11am
post #3 of 8

Wheel of Fortune? Saw a cute cake here on CC, or maybe cut out "hang man" style letters?

You could put a word or phrase on each cuppie, keeping some squares white, and some with letters on it. Guests can "play" the cupcake, AND eat it.

oops- edit--- I guess this is not a "reality" show, just a game show. But Deal or no Deal is not a true "reality" show either. (?) I dunno...

mbark Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mbark Posted 9 Jan 2011 , 6:26am
post #4 of 8

reality show? that's an interesting theme to make cupcakes around lol
maybe Survivor? some kind of jungle them?
Jersey Shore? cupcakes w/fake boobs, toned abs & big hair bumps? totally LOL/kidding

Jennifer353 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Jennifer353 Posted 10 Jan 2011 , 10:58am
post #5 of 8

I don't watch tv now so sorry the specifics of the reality tv show are a bit blundered icon_redface.gif (and you probably have different ones than we have in the UK anyway) but... what about based on the show where two teams are on a desert island?
Palm trees and an amazing beach and tourquise sea with the boat coming across to the island, 2 little "camps" with tents, etc, the two teams logos/flags (I seem to remember Sharks were one of the teams...?) the winner's treasure chest, and a little scene of the day of the vote where the teams sit opposite each other on logs by the campfire to vote someone off.
Sorry for the lack detail but if you have the show Im trying to describe (or a variation of it) hopefully that will give you some ideas?!

Obviously you could do something similar for "I'm a Celebrity..." using the jungle variations on the above but it depends if you would really want bugs and gross things as the main theme? (I can't stand the program so wouldn't want cupcakes themed on it!)

For the actual cake part Id go for luxury flavours possibly different flavours for different ones so they get to taste a variety of your cakes with either a key on a sheet beside the board you display them on or by putting a sticker on the bottom of the cupcake case (although they might miss that until it was too late)?

sacakesandbakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sacakesandbakes Posted 11 Jan 2011 , 3:53pm
post #6 of 8

I second the amazing race: passport, airplane, train, tickets, evelopes, back packs, countries flags, people running, amazing race spelled out.
Extreme home makeover: house, construction equipment, tools, paint brushes, paint, furniture, thank you

hope you find one, would love to see the end result. post some pictures

KrissieCakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KrissieCakes Posted 11 Jan 2011 , 4:28pm
post #7 of 8

What about a variety of shows? Little dumbells for Biggest Loser, Roses for the Bachelor, a microphone for American Idol, the little yellow and black envelopes for the Amazing Race, little pieces of fruit (orange, apple, peach) for the Real Housewives series, suitcase with number for Deal or No Deal (although a gameshow, when you watch the emmys, they are in the same category), a knife for Top Chef, the glitterball trophy for Dancing with the Stars, tiki torch for Survivor, etc....

You could make cupcake wrappers with the logo of each show on them?

simplysouthern Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
simplysouthern Posted 11 Jan 2011 , 4:40pm
post #8 of 8

KrissieCakes that is such a cute idea!!! I totally want a reason to do those now LOL

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%