Any Illinois Bakers ?!?!?!?!?!

Decorating By FaithsPlace Updated 12 Jan 2011 , 12:22am by julesh268

FaithsPlace Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
FaithsPlace Posted 8 Jan 2011 , 4:52am
post #1 of 7

Hi all.....I am at a standstill. I would love to move forward but, dont have a clue as to what I need to do to get started. Sooooooooooooooo I am looking for any tips, ideas, how to's, success stories etc in my area. I love to bake so much but, think its come to a point to push forward.

Thanks all!!!
Steph

6 replies
CWR41 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CWR41 Posted 8 Jan 2011 , 5:37am
post #2 of 7

Push forward with what... lessons, opening a legal storefront?? What specifically do you need help with?

savoriesnsweets Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
savoriesnsweets Posted 8 Jan 2011 , 1:48pm
post #3 of 7

Hi Steph,
I've recently relocated to Illinois & I'm also searching for additional resources & ideas to help me move onto the next steps too. Where are you? Perhaps if you're nearby we can research options together?
Good luck!
Stacy

blissfulbaker Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
blissfulbaker Posted 8 Jan 2011 , 2:24pm
post #4 of 7

FaithsPlace, I live in the suburbs west of Chicago. IL does not allow you to sell items baked from your home kitchen. However, there are many rental kitchen options in the Chicago area. Do a google search and you will probably find a rental kitchen near you. If you are looking for classes, Wilton's school is in Darien IL (the store is located there too), which is about 20 miles west of the city. They offer lots of classes and they can be much different than the type of classes that can be taken at art and hobby stores. Colette Peters teaches there a few times a year and she is wonderful to learn from. There are also some cake decorating supply stores in the area, those can also be found by a google search. If you have any specific questions about Wilton's store or school and other retail cake stores please feel free to pm me.

FaithsPlace Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
FaithsPlace Posted 8 Jan 2011 , 11:38pm
post #5 of 7

Thanks for the tips !! Stacy im in central IL ....what area are you in ?

savoriesnsweets Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
savoriesnsweets Posted 9 Jan 2011 , 10:33pm
post #6 of 7

I'm in the Bloomington-Normal area. Are you near? I dont' really go out much around here since I don't know it well so if you are nearby, maybe we can chat more about cake stuff? I'm also eager to know if there's more options in this area to further my cake education!

julesh268 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
julesh268 Posted 12 Jan 2011 , 12:22am
post #7 of 7

I am in the Northwest burbs of Chicago. Love decorating cakes!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%