Epson Stylus® Nx420 All-In-One Printer

Decorating By diamondsmom Updated 9 Jan 2011 , 10:39pm by DebbyJG

diamondsmom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
diamondsmom Posted 7 Jan 2011 , 5:14am
post #1 of 6

Can I use the Epson Stylus® NX420 All-in-One Printer to print edible images. I'm looking to purchase an inexpensive printer for edible images and staples has a good deal on this one.

thanks.

5 replies
Lcubed82 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Lcubed82 Posted 7 Jan 2011 , 5:22am
post #2 of 6

Check the sites that sell the ink (food coloring) cartridges. They have lists of printers they can provide for.

icingimages Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
icingimages Posted 9 Jan 2011 , 9:04pm
post #3 of 6

I would avoid the Epson and go Canon if at all possible. The latest Canon compatable printers are ip3600 and mp520. mp620 works as well.

icingimages Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
icingimages Posted 9 Jan 2011 , 9:05pm
post #4 of 6

I would avoid the Epson and go Canon if at all possible. The latest Canon compatable printers are ip3600 and mp520. mp620 works as well.

cupadeecakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cupadeecakes Posted 9 Jan 2011 , 10:11pm
post #5 of 6

I second that. I went through 2 Epsons and seemed to always have problems. I now have the Canon MP520 and it has worked so much better for us.

DebbyJG Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
DebbyJG Posted 9 Jan 2011 , 10:39pm
post #6 of 6

haha... I just bought this exact printer a few days ago at Office Max. My other Epson (a CX7400) went kaput, and I'd already spent so much in edible ink that I decided to go ahead and get another compatible Epson so that I wouldn't have to purchase both a new printer AND new ink. This was the only other model Epson still makes that takes the same kind of ink I already had. The ink is part number T0693.

If you are buying comletely new though, I'd opt for a Canon. The Epson is really finicky. If you get low on one kind of ink, the whole printer shuts down and you can't even print in grey scale.

BTW, thanks Debbie from icingimages, for the suggestions you gave me over on the other thread. I tried everything but eventually just gave up and went to get the new printer. Blech.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%