Help! 2 Many Ideas & Options To Choose From

Decorating By Angelfire3 Updated 7 Jan 2011 , 3:05pm by SecretAgentCakeBaker

Angelfire3 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Angelfire3 Posted 6 Jan 2011 , 5:49pm
post #1 of 11

Greetings all,

FIRST, Let me thank you all in advance for reading and/or replying...THANKS~

OK, I have TOO many ideas and options to choose from for my 10th anniversary/vow renewal cake. I want to incorporate everything that I love in it, but too much of a good thing is bad. Less is more!

I just bought a Cricut Cake Mini w/the elegant cake cartridge. So, I want to use that. I'm going to have some "bling" embellished on my Ivory dress with a chocolate/brown sash, I wanted some type of "bling" or something:

The theme colors are Ivory & Chocolate. I also love anemone flowers (Ivory/brown color), roses, & cherry blossoms. I love the monogram and brush embroidery ideas too. But, again too much of a good thing is bad & less is more. Any ideas on how I can incorporate all of these elements without my cake looking all crazy?

I'm pulling my hair out. I can be so indecisive at times. icon_cry.gif Is this what brides go through during their cake consultations? I don't remember going through this 10 years ago. I just went with the cheapest option and let the cake decorator have his way. I paid $99 for my wedding cake (see pic below). But, I'm my own cake decorator~So, A 3 or 4-tier cake, I will bake, hopefully thumbs_up.gif

I can forget about asking my DH for his opinion (I already did). His famous response is ALWAYS, "Whatever makes you happy; As long as I get to eat some of it icon_wink.gificon_razz.gif"

I've stalked all of the galleries. The more I look through those luscious cakes, the more I want to incorporate ALL of the design elements into one cake. The only thing I'm 100% sure of is the colors that I want--Ivory & Chocolate Brown. It could be an Ivory cake w/brown fondant or fabric embellishments or Brown cake w/Ivory embellishments. As long as it's Ivory & Brown...

10 replies
Angelfire3 Posted 7 Jan 2011 , 6:06am
post #2 of 11

Is it just me or does anyone else also feel as if they are being ignored on here?

Frecklysmom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Frecklysmom Posted 7 Jan 2011 , 6:56am
post #3 of 11

I am afraid I am not much help. Here is my two cents though.... The dress is gorgeous! Sleek and elegant so I think your cake should also be sleek and elegant. Maybe you could put some bling on the cake but add some of the other elements in the table design. Definitely incorporate the chocolate brown sash into the cake and maybe some lace with sugar gems. Adding the flowers shouldn't be too difficult since you will be having so many tiers. The brush embroidery is what has me stumped though. I would really like to see what you come up with.

Sorelle Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Sorelle Posted 7 Jan 2011 , 7:29am
post #4 of 11

The dress is... wow.. just wow! I would definitely want my cake to go with the dress! The gathering would be lovely on a cake as would the brown sash with bling. That's my 2 cents.
mimic the dress. Be sure you're practiced up with your cricut I keep reading about how difficult it is to figure out. BTW congratulations icon_smile.gif

Bluehue Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Bluehue Posted 7 Jan 2011 , 7:36am
post #5 of 11

I am thinking something tall - narrow - ivory - your choice of flowers on top - and perhaps a brown ribbon around the middle of each tier with your choice of bling on it - ie as in like a round or square bling buckle - iykwim.

Simple elegant yet classy.

When you posted your first post - and then your hurry up post it was only a matter of 16 minutes.
Don't forget - it takes time to load onto the home page.
Some people actually wait days for a response - so don't feel like your being ignored - not everyone sits poised at their pc waiting for new threads...
It takes time for us to see it - read it - absorb it - and then come up with a response to your questions.

Bluehue.

indydebi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
indydebi Posted 7 Jan 2011 , 1:28pm
post #6 of 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by Angelfire3

Is it just me or does anyone else also feel as if they are being ignored on here?

You posted at 1 o'clock in the morning. Be a little realistic in your expectations of other people.

Angelfire3 Posted 7 Jan 2011 , 2:01pm
post #7 of 11

Greetings all,
Thanks for the replies. Love all of the ideas. I will make sure I practice w/my Cricut Cake. I've read mixed reviews on it. I have the expression that I was playing w/card stock. I hope it's not too different from the cake machine.

I'm not going to do the brush embroidery this time around. I'll have my chance of doing it on different occasion.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluehue

I am thinking something tall - narrow - ivory - your choice of flowers on top - and perhaps a brown ribbon around the middle of each tier with your choice of bling on it - ie as in like a round or square bling buckle - iykwim.

Simple elegant yet classy.

When you posted your first post - and then your hurry up post it was only a matter of 16 minutes.
Don't forget - it takes time to load onto the home page.
Some people actually wait days for a response - so don't feel like your being ignored - not everyone sits poised at their pc waiting for new threads...
It takes time for us to see it - read it - absorb it - and then come up with a response to your questions.

Bluehue.

]

Quote:
Originally Posted by indydebi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angelfire3

You posted at 1 o'clock in the morning. Be a little realistic in your expectations of other people.

I didn't mean to come off as being impatient or "unrealistic" in waiting 12 hrs for a reply. I'm not at my computer or on here all day either. But your comments are Not true! My original post was at 12:49 PM. My follow up was at 1:00 AM, that's almost 12 hrs. But, I still appreciate the replies.

indydebi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
indydebi Posted 7 Jan 2011 , 2:05pm
post #8 of 11

Angel, my sincerest apologies. I misread the times on the postings. I am very very sorry.

Angelfire3 Posted 7 Jan 2011 , 2:09pm
post #9 of 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by indydebi

Angel, my sincerest apologies. I misread the times on the postings. I am very very sorry.

I'm sorry too! I just hate being so indecisive & not knowing what I want. I get on my own nerves. But, thanks for your replies.

Bluehue Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Bluehue Posted 7 Jan 2011 , 2:46pm
post #10 of 11

Yep, i throw my hand up also and apologise - SORRY.

Hell - add on another day for me over in Western Australia plus your 12 hours of waiting - lollllllllllllllll - bet it seemed like a week.
I am a day ahead of you - so sorry for that.

I still think something TALL - not sute why - i just like the idea of ivory/brown on a tall cake - it makes a statement - which is what i think you want. icon_smile.gif

Bluehue.

SecretAgentCakeBaker Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SecretAgentCakeBaker Posted 7 Jan 2011 , 3:05pm
post #11 of 11

If you want something to go with your dress, then I am thinking simple. Maybe a plain cake with a rhinestone border and a few anemone flowers on the sides. That would be a beautiful impact. Or, you could do a brown border and put some rhinestones in the center of the flowers.

Here are some ideas (the cakes that have the diamond pattern on the side, I would just make them plain.)

Have fun!

http://cakecentral.com/gallery/1733329

http://cakecentral.com/gallery/1803115

http://cakecentral.com/gallery/1822356

http://carterdrive.files.wordpress.com/2010/04/fengels_wedding_0133.jpg

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%