My Big Friggin' Mistake: A Cautionary Tale

Business By AsburyArt Updated 9 Jan 2011 , 3:48am by DebBTX

tryingcake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tryingcake Posted 6 Jan 2011 , 4:24am
post #31 of 33
Quote:
Originally Posted by AsburyArt

In the end this wasn't a show about weddings or even planning weddings. It was a show about classless drama queens and its milieu could have been any industry at all.

Isn't this what all those shows are about? I can't stand to watch them.

playingwithsugar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
playingwithsugar Posted 6 Jan 2011 , 4:40am
post #32 of 33
Quote:
Originally Posted by cakedoff

I know PERSONALLY a pretty renowned person who competed and won one of the cake challenges. This person had nothing good to say about the experience, except that it was, well an experience. It's expensive for the competitors, edited to death, and the final product shown on television in no way shows what actually happened during the making of these cakes. The competitors work is actually sabotaged in order to raise the "excitement quotient".

I also know a competitor in the TV challenges. This person told me all the same as cakedoff said above, and also told me that the big money prizes are not worth the work, because it costs as much to be a competitor as you can win. This person said they would not compete again, and they kept to their word. The competitors must provide and ship all their own product, supplies, and tools. I do not know if their own transportation and rooms are paid for or not.

Theresa icon_smile.gif

DebBTX Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
DebBTX Posted 9 Jan 2011 , 3:48am
post #33 of 33

I'm sorry things didn't work out well.

I took a minute to look at your cakes. They are gorgeous! You do such beautiful work.

-Debbie B.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%