"pottery Cake" Need Ideas

Decorating By Crazboutcakes Updated 9 Jan 2011 , 5:02am by Crazboutcakes

Crazboutcakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Crazboutcakes Posted 5 Jan 2011 , 4:50pm
post #1 of 4

Ok so I have been asked by a friend to make a cake for her daughter. She gave me some insight on what her daughter likes, which include, Pottery icon_rolleyes.gif (party theme) music notes, treble clef, books, art and colors would be pink, purple, green for a 11yr old and feeding 20 or more people!

Okay so there it is my options to work with, and we know how exciting pottery is tapedshut.gif and the colors of the pottery colors are perfectly boring, but My thought was to make a vase with the musical notes etc in an array of color hand painted with possibly butterflies intergrated in it, "stacked" covered in fondant with possible gumpaste flowers coming out the top or not or a 1/2 sheet cake which will be hard to make something with pottery, probably would try a FBCT and intergating all of those elements icon_cry.gif

I want to do most of what my friend wants but is it practical? My only delema would be how big do I make the stack (it which would cover the theme, colors are easy, musical note etc can be painted on) or should I just try to do a sheet cake and get out of it easy? Any ideas on putting all these things together? I would love to have a little insight if you can, thanks. icon_redface.gif

3 replies
Crazboutcakes Posted 8 Jan 2011 , 7:14pm
post #2 of 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazboutcakes

Ok so I have been asked by a friend to make a cake for her daughter. She gave me some insight on what her daughter likes, which include, Pottery icon_rolleyes.gif (party theme) music notes, treble clef, books, art and colors would be pink, purple, green for a 11yr old and feeding 20 or more people!

Okay so there it is my options to work with, and we know how exciting pottery is tapedshut.gif and the colors of the pottery colors are perfectly boring, but My thought was to make a vase with the musical notes etc in an array of color hand painted with possibly butterflies intergrated in it, "stacked" covered in fondant with possible gumpaste flowers coming out the top or not or a 1/2 sheet cake which will be hard to make something with pottery, probably would try a FBCT and intergating all of those elements icon_cry.gif

I want to do most of what my friend wants but is it practical? My only delema would be how big do I make the stack (it which would cover the theme, colors are easy, musical note etc can be painted on) or should I just try to do a sheet cake and get out of it easy? Any ideas on putting all these things together? I would love to have a little insight if you can, thanks. icon_redface.gif

I posted this a few days ago anyone have any idea? Need to complete for Friday! icon_redface.gif

brincess_b Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
brincess_b Posted 8 Jan 2011 , 7:39pm
post #3 of 4

Does it really have to include all these elements? Sounds. More like a list of ideas to draw from, not make into one cake.

Also depends how much effort and cost is ok - is she paying? Is it a gift? Do u have a lot of free time, so it can be more complex?

I think the vase idea alone works - 3d or 2d (carve from sheet cake), maybe decorated in her colours, or with music.
I like the idea of a model girl making a pot as well - maybe surrounded by little pots? Could add colour with pots of paint too.
Or a generic fun and colourful cake.
xx

Crazboutcakes Posted 9 Jan 2011 , 5:02am
post #4 of 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by brincess_b

Does it really have to include all these elements? Sounds. More like a list of ideas to draw from, not make into one cake.

Also depends how much effort and cost is ok - is she paying? Is it a gift? Do u have a lot of free time, so it can be more complex?

I think the vase idea alone works - 3d or 2d (carve from sheet cake), maybe decorated in her colours, or with music.
I like the idea of a model girl making a pot as well - maybe surrounded by little pots? Could add colour with pots of paint too.
Or a generic fun and colourful cake.
xx

I like all your idea's, The mom is getting a very very good deal on this, I have been playin around with the pot idea and thought maybe I could make a honey pot layered cake covered in fondant perhaps with bee's buzzin around it followed by musical notes.. trailing behind the bees! This would alos be in perhaps the colors of blue and orange. I think the fondany I might do in a lite blue color with orange notes... it's cunch time what does that sound like to you? Your thoughts would be apprieciated icon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%